All-Star Summit Announcement?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ours too. I don't think we'd accept one that early. If it was towards the end of our season, it's probably an easier sell but not right out of the gate.
Unless you're the type of team that doesn't think they'll get a bid at all at the larger competitions. I can see those accepting early.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Unless you're the type of team that doesn't think they'll get a bid at all at the larger competitions. I can see those accepting early.

but if you don't think you'd get a bid at the larger competition what are the odds of you winning the wildcard round? slim, i'd say. that's silly. but then again, its not my credit card footing the bill to get my kid to disney for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

but if you don't think you'd get a bid at the larger competition what are the odds of you winning the wildcard round? slim, i'd say. that's silly. but then again, its not my credit card footing the bill to get my kid to disney for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
But...but...let the kids go for the EXPERIENCE of it.

Exactly. Or advancing to finals if you are the winner. But teams with no chance of making it out of worlds prelims still go on AL bids.

But it's a win for varsity who has that property leased for two weeks (pardon me....usasf...cough cough) and in the middle it sits there making no money even though it's all set up and ready to go. This gives them 250 more teams to offset that rental fee.

The same gyms that send teams with 7th place pity bids to Worlds will be the same ones who embrace the WC concept.

OT: can we find another abbreviation for "Wild Card"? I keep reading it as World Cup and it's giving me a headache. :(

Here's the part I predicted about the baseball field.

34B2D37B-8B28-48A4-8806-EFD1411DC22D_zpshn861oew.png

Here's the part I predicted about the baseball field.

34B2D37B-8B28-48A4-8806-EFD1411DC22D_zpshn861oew.png

Why when I read the the pic you posted here and saw the name of the person I instantly went to the Facebook page to see if it was the person I knew. Lol small world. It was!

Completely off topic
I refuse to post anything on there, two years ago when they posted the battle of Texas results it had one of our level 2s over one of our other level 2s as the winner (not my kids team) and I told them they calculated wrong and our s2 beat our j2 and that's who would get the jackets. Both teams were from our gym so it wasn't like it mattered anyways on the results. I was asked to remove the comment although I was correct in the fact it was wrong. They eventually got it corrected! Lol we can't write crazy things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Varsity not announced how many (non WC) bids at each comp? I just randomly looked at the Summit comp list and I don't see numbers. I'm probably just missing them, because I swear I've seen a list for the upcoming season.

We just updated the listing to include the number of bids at each event. Thanks for pointing that out. Let me know if there is anything else I can do!

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/Summit_Events_Cheer_2015_nocrop.pdf

I'm sure this info is somewhere, but how is it decided how many bids will be given out at specific comps? I noticed that the only Summit bid comp in Washington state is giving out three fewer bids than last year (according to the info I found, anyway). :( @WHOA_tiger

I don't know that the WC bids will be any easier to attain. Only 2 per comp and only Jr and Sr 1-5R are eligible. Depending on the size of the comp (and the 2 by me in Dec are usually very large) I'm thinking it's still going to be good teams that have the highest scores of the day. Highest scoring Sr and highest scoring Jr team I'm sure will get the 2 bids, so the WC round will be just as difficult as prelims on Saturday. Maybe even more so since only 1 team per division will advance.

Last edited:
I'm sure this info is somewhere, but how is it decided how many bids will be given out at specific comps? I noticed that the only Summit bid comp in Washington state is giving out three fewer bids than last year (according to the info I found, anyway). :( @WHOA_tiger

dang!! that'll make it even harder.. I know last year all of our teams (besides onyx) got bids from that competition (3 AL). The only other competition close by is Pacwest in OR... :(

Back