All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What level are they?
They compete in Y1 but they're really (essentially) a mini 1 team they've just had 2-3 youth age girls all season so they've had to compete in youth. But that only amazes me more that these young kids (and they are probably one of the youngest youth teams out there) have done so well. I was so glad to see them get a bid! #meow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a large coed restricted 5, she can be in Texas! I mean we aren't close to CA but we are Texas!! Plus our dance is amazing and if she is a great dancer well she will fit right in!

No charge for you just get her here

Texas is Texas! We're there! lol

They compete in Y1 but they're really (essentially) a mini 1 team they've just had 2-3 youth age girls all season so they've had to compete in youth. But that only amazes me more that these young kids (and they are probably one of the youngest youth teams out there) have done so well. I was so glad to see them get a bid! #meow

That's awesome! I think Stingrays Peppermint is basically in the same boat age wise as they competed mini all year until UCA where they went youth (I'm guessing they added a few youth kids and didn't just compete with all mini aged kids in youth) and got a full paid bid their first try! That's crazy that teams with mostly mini aged kids could beat the teams with likely mostly 9-11 year olds, means the gym/coaches are doing it right!

Congratulations to all those teams on their paid bids!!

I am confused on the rules around the Wild Card bids.

NCT AllStars Eclipse has a WC bid (according to the most recent list from Varsity). I thought teams that accepted Wild Card bids were not eligible for paid bids? :confused:

WC winners are eligible to upgrade for Paid bids only.

Omg yay that's so exciting! That's another one to add to this list of gyms taking all summit eligible teams. Or maybe it was only 2013 and 2014 I just reread your post but anyways that's so awesome to have so many summit eligible teams that get to go!

(pro athletics & vipers I mentioned earlier and was wondering who the others were):)

My small gym in South Carolina Carolina Crossfire all 3 teams have received bids :)

I know this post won't set well with some but in my opinion Summit will never be considered the best of the best until ;

1. All teams have an equal opportunity to attend.
-- Due to the cost of travel some of the best
teams in the U.S. won't attend. The event
geographically favors teams near event.
-- The manner in which the bids are
distributed is inconsistent and not.
equatable amongst the competitions.
2. Crossovers, sandbagging and stacking
(whatever you choose to call it) is under
control.
3. Money is no longer the sole driving force
behind the event.
-- Enough $$ is made by the competitions.
Focus should be on excellence and
maintaining the credibility and
reputation of cheer and the event.

This is not being said to knock teams with bids attending Summit. Kudos on your bid. You have good cause to be proud . Your hard work has paid off. And I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful experience.

But, if Summit is to be what they claim it is then these items need rectified. Until then there will be many gyms not interested in attending, bid or not. Because to them the event has limited (if any) credibility. And it's just one more competition. An expensive one.

I know this post won't set well with some but in my opinion Summit will never be considered the best of the best until ;

control.
behind the event.

This is not being said to knock teams with bids attending Summit. Kudos on your bid. You have good cause to be proud . Your hard work has paid off. And I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful experience.

But, if Summit is to be what they claim it is then these items need rectified. Until then there will be many gyms not interested in attending, bid or not. Because to them the event has limited (if any) credibility. And it's just one more competition. An expensive one.
Can't all of these things pretty much apply to Worlds too...?

I
One of the problems I see with the WC is that I know a lot of gyms refuse to accept them. So I wonder how far down the recipient is that actually accepts the WC bid.

I know that we had the second highest score at the competition we received our WC bid. The highest scoring team was also announced as a WC bid winner...I don't know if they ultimately passed on it or not...but we were both the level champs in our divisions, and our scores were the highest at the comp. So at least in our case, we weren't "far down."

I keep failing to see why the WC is a "problem." Gyms know the rules in advance, it is a risk and gamble they take. Not every gym wants to take the risk...but I personally see little difference b/w an AL and a WC. Both have the risk of only competing once...one is in the "play in" round and one is Saturday...but if you don't bring the goods, neither will be there Sunday. Nobody is charged extra because there is a WC round...it doesn't affect anyone other than the teams competing in the WC round. It just seems like on here, some folks just don't want to give new and or lesser known gyms an opportunity to be considered "worthy" to compete with the big guns. Even at comps...sometimes the "name" teams are given higher raw scores for absolutely no discernible reason that I can tell when analyzing videos side by side. (Don't laugh, my husband was so ticked after a recent competition he actually did this.) :) But, what can you do? We just encourage our athletes to keep working hard and not to worry about "brand" bump we have experienced. But we do deserve a chance.

control.
behind the event.

This! Especially when gyms are now advertising tryouts for their summit team.

Personally (and I actually had no interest in attending the summit so I'm not upset at all) but I do see the principle of the matter, which is all I'm commenting on.

I see there are three to four very strong teams in cp14s division. I include her team as one of those. They won grand champions four times this year and the newly released Allstar games scores indicate they were the third highest score of the competition.

They don't have a bid.

One of the other teams (the current NCA champion) either declined or didn't get one because they're not on the list either.

Not to take anything away from who will be there, but two of the four heavy hitters in that division didn't even get invited. And I'm sure that story is repeated in other divisions. I think the concept is good but I think they need to figure out a better way to manage the bid process so teams like cp14's aren't watching the live feed from home when they should legitimately be in attendance. As I said, personally, I'm not upset. Back to back weekends in Orlando were not something I wanted to do, but there are kids (seniors especially) who wanted (and deserved) to be there, that never got the chance.

ETA: I'm aware of one fierceboarder's cp who is the reigning summit champion of their division, multiple level champ this season again.....and they don't have a bid either. Seriously? The bid system is broken.

Last edited:
The way the wc works is that all wc bid winners have to compete on Friday and only the first place team advances. And if you accept the wc you are not eligible for at large bids. We chose not to accept because if we got it our families would have to come down on Thursday and would have to plan on staying TIL Monday just in case they made it to the end. So there's even more money to spend. At least with an at large they take half the teams into finals.
I do think the summit can be a great thing but they do need to regulate it more There needs to be a closer check on rosters and rules need to be in place regarding your roster. There also needs to be some kind of balance when giving bids.
I hope they keep working to improve it because I think it can be a great thing.

If a team wins an AL but later gets a Paid bid, the AL passes down to the next team right? A j3 up here got an AL then 2 weeks later got paid, but I haven't heard any gyms getting that AL? Anyone from WA or OR know who it got passed to at Spirit Cheer?

Back