All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

how are d2 summit bids determined? Do the gyms declare ahead of time for d2? If you decide on d2 does that automatically take you out of the bid contention for (non d2) summit? Just trying to figure out the EPs determine bids for both events at same competitor.
Before the event we are given declarations and bid intent forms. We fill those out as to what bids we will or will not accept. We mark no for D2 as we are over the number of athletes. During awards, the D2 bids have gone to the highest # perfection of the eligible D2 bid teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity's Twitter actually shows they've awarded a lot of wild card & D2 bids for the past few weekends. I think the first post only showed those that were awarded this past weekend.

Icon Cheer Senior 4.2 received a Wild Card Summit Bid at the NCA Arkansas Challenge. Cheer City United received the other 2 Wild Card Bids. Elite Cheer Company Youth 1 received the At Large D2 bid and All Star Cheer Express Senior 2 received the Paid D2 bid.

Icon Cheer Senior 4.2 received a Wild Card Summit Bid at the NCA Arkansas Challenge. Cheer City United received the other 2 Wild Card Bids. Elite Cheer Company Youth 1 received the At Large D2 bid and All Star Cheer Express Senior 2 received the Paid D2 bid.
For those as parents whose CP has received a WC bid so early in the season How do u feel about it?

For those as parents whose CP has received a WC bid so early in the season How do u feel about it?
My cp's team hasn't received one this year, but last year both of the teams she was on received WC bids in Nov. I was fine with it...to me there wasn't a big difference b/w a WC and an AL bid. If the teams earned a Paid, they could replace the WC with that. If they didn't, well, we had months to fundraise & plan. Her teams were ecstatic to win the bids, and were ecstatic to go to the Summit. Other than the cost, it was a great experience for all of us.

On a related note...I've heard there have been changes to the WC process this year. Specifically, the top 2 teams in the division on Friday move on (versus one) and that the top team automatically goes to Sunday. Is this correct info? Makes WC bid even better if true.

Way to go, ICON! Looking forward to seeing Envy get their Worlds bid this year, too!

Do we know what teams have bids from last year that carried over to this year? I think there should only be 1 or 2 from a Canadian competition.

Do we know what teams have bids from last year that carried over to this year? I think there should only be 1 or 2 from a Canadian competition.

NV Blackout for sure. Oh, and NW Silverstars j3.

Edited to say that I'm not sure if Silverstars deferred, nor do I know about the VAS teams that got bids. I know Blackout did.

NV Blackout for sure. Oh, and NW Silverstars j3.

Edited to say that I'm not sure if Silverstars deferred, nor do I know about the VAS teams that got bids. I know Blackout did.

That's right, that sounds familiar to me. SilverStars did not go last year and deferred to this year. Not sure if they will be using the bid or not though.

Someone mentioned that VAS Frost (sr 4) already has a bid but I don't have confirmation of that. And I know last year their Sr1 said they would only accept Paid bids, so I don't know if that is the case for all of their teams.

My initial reaction to this plan was.. But aren't they good enough to get an AL? But then I remembered the struggle and cost associated with chasing a bid last year and I am relieved that it's already over. In Droplets division there is not a big likelihood of them not getting an opportunity to compete in finals, even with only a wildcard, since her division is so small. I guess we will just hope for the best.

I think once registration opens up - varsity will likely start posting the updated complete list of participants. I think it opens up around dec 1st.

As a senior team in a crowded field of teams - glad we are going on an at large bid. This comp only had d2 bids and regular summit bids (al and pd). No wild card were offered so easy to say what you were willing to accept. I honestly don't know our gyms position on WC bids

I'm excited that we have it and can relax! Of course, we will keep pushing for the paid bid but it takes a lot of stress off the parents and girls knowing we are going to Summit. Plus, this year I get to say we earned our bid and it wasn't 'handed to us'.

^^^^^^I think I remember you guys saying that you were the only Large Y5 at Summit last year, right?

I hope you have some competition this year!

On a related note...I've heard there have been changes to the WC process this year. Specifically, the top 2 teams in the division on Friday move on (versus one) and that the top team automatically goes to Sunday. Is this correct info? Makes WC bid even better if true.

At UCA Mile High in Denver on Sunday, the announcer talked about this (and I think I read it on Varsity too). She did say that first place moves on to Sunday and second place goes on to Saturday.

Back