All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You had me curious so I looked it up. (Plus I was procrastinating on work I really need to be doing.)

According to Varsity's bid winners sheet the paid bids by level were:
Level 1 - 11
Level 2 - 27
Level 3 - 26
Level 4 - 29
Level 5 - 9

Paid bids by age:
Youth - 11
Junior - 43
Senior - 48

Total bids given 726
Paid 102
AL 415
WC 209

Yeah this right here makes me more glad my daughters youth team took that wildcard bid!

So if you get a wildcard but you really think you'll get an AL (or paid) later on, then you can decline the wildcard bid? And risk ending up with nothing instead? Do some gyms do this?

(don't think we'll get any bids but I'm just curious to learn how it works)

Our gym is doing this except for one or two specific teams, because they don't feel a WC bid is cost worthy for the others because of the division sizes.

You had me curious so I looked it up. (Plus I was procrastinating on work I really need to be doing.)

According to Varsity's bid winners sheet the paid bids by level were:
Level 1 - 11
Level 2 - 27
Level 3 - 26
Level 4 - 29
Level 5 - 9

Paid bids by age:
Youth - 11
Junior - 43
Senior - 48

Total bids given 726
Paid 102
AL 415
WC 209
I wonder if those numbers are different from last year? I didn't pay attention but level 1 and 5 really seem at a disadvantage with fewer paid bids. Is that because there are fewer teams in general at that level?

I just found out that we don't have access to any D1 Summit wildcard bids in Washington this year :(. They changed our UCA Regionals to D2 Summit wildcard bids this year. So now we have one less chance that I was originally planning on. Boo

So if you get a wildcard but you really think you'll get an AL (or paid) later on, then you can decline the wildcard bid? And risk ending up with nothing instead? Do some gyms do this?

(don't think we'll get any bids but I'm just curious to learn how it works)
A pretty good number of gyms don't accept Wild Cards. I know ours didn't last year. My sister isn't cheering again but I venture to say they will not accept again this year. Their thought process is that if you're good enough to contend at the Summit, you will win a paid or at large bid at some point. I could see it being a decent option for teams who don't attend too many Summit bid competitions.

Anyone know if Varsity is handing out Summit bid banners like years past? Haven't seen any pictures posted with teams holding them. My kids love seeing their bid banners hanging in the gym! Just curious.

Is there really that much difference between a Wild Card bid and an At Large bid? I'm genuinely curious. If you have to pay your way for an At Large bid why is it that much better?

Is there really that much difference between a Wild Card bid and an At Large bid? I'm genuinely curious. If you have to pay your way for an At Large bid why is it that much better?
For an at large bid when you compete the pool of teams is larger that go through to day 2. For WC only top 2. If you are the second team in the WC then you may have to compete 3 times that weekend versus everyone else is a maximum of 2.

To someone else's point other than financial benefit - a paid bid does not get you much competition wise like worlds. Divisions that have a lot of teams - I like my odds on an at large than a wild card bid

Remember scores don't carry over from day to day - so you just need to get through.

I just found out that we don't have access to any D1 Summit wildcard bids in Washington this year :(. They changed our UCA Regionals to D2 Summit wildcard bids this year. So now we have one less chance that I was originally planning on. Boo

When did they make this change? Now there is no wildcard bids in the PNW at all.

This is very frustrating as a parent knowing that they keep taking bids away from the PNW and yet programs are coming here to get the bids from areas with ample bids available. I just want our programs to have a fighting chance to showcase what the PNW has to offer and for all of our programs to be recognized....

When did they make this change? Now there is no wildcard bids in the PNW at all.

Just out of curiosity, are there many parents and gyms willing to travel on a wildcard bid from the PNW? I just assumed too many gyms turned them down last year and that's why there were less in the area.

Did I see someone post wild cards would move on to Sunday if they won on Friday, or did I just make that up?

Just out of curiosity, are there many parents and gyms willing to travel on a wildcard bid from the PNW? I just assumed too many gyms turned them down last year and that's why there were less in the area.

Did I see someone post wild cards would move on to Sunday if they won on Friday, or did I just make that up?
we had 2 offered and 2 accepted. No one turned down bids but we lost several this year- it's a bummer but that's how things work :::shrugs:::
but you are correct winners of the wild card round move on to Sunday this year and second place get to go to day 1 :)

ETA: not two accepted from cp's program but other programs from our area and one of them won their division

I have no idea when it was changed but I only noticed it the day I posted about it. I might've just assumed they were offering them again and they really weren't.

There are wildcards but just for the D2 Summit. Which unfortunately, a bunch of gyms don't qualify for.

I just looked there are no wild cards in the PNW. UCA was the only competition that offered WC bids in the entire PNW and they are now only offering D2 bids.. 1 paid and 2 at large.

Back