All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Want to brag a minute. CEA Roanoke Junior Diamonds got a paid bid to Summit at SOH this past weekend. I was driving home when the team mom sent out the message. I had to pull over and wake up CP. She says she still can't believe it! We are so excited. I'm so proud of this team. They have a passion I haven't seen often. Even if they have a zero deduction performance they want to practice more to work on any little bobbles they might have had. Love these kids.

If a team upgrades from a WC or AL bid to Paid is the bid passed down? What about D2 bids?

for D1, WC bids evaporate into thin air and AL bids will be passed down to the next team (though good luck figuring out who will be next whether they keep it in division/level/age or just go highest score seems to be a mystery to me)

I am unsure about D2, though I would guess the same rules apply.

for D1, WC bids evaporate into thin air and AL bids will be passed down to the next team (though good luck figuring out who will be next whether they keep it in division/level/age or just go highest score seems to be a mystery to me)

I am unsure about D2, though I would guess the same rules apply.
Thanks! Wasn't sure if it was spelled out how that works.

1d942a6b229f6d431eddf554cd314b2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Championship
American Showdown - Ft Worth
AL Summit Bids -
Cheer Athletics Bearkatz - Small Junior Level 1
Lousiana Rebels - Large Youth Level 2
Cheer Athletics Firecats - Large Senior Level 3
Express Cheer Exclusive - Large Senior Coed Level 4

Paid Summit Bid -
Cheer Athletics Jags - Large Junior Coed Level 5

American Championship
American Masterpiece- San Jose
AL Summit Bids
California All Stars (Cadets)- Small Youth 1
POWER (Lady Phenom)- Small Junior 3
POWER (Lady Premonition)- Small Senior 4
Nor Cal Elite All Stars (Titans)- Small Senior Coed Restricted 5

Paid Summit Bid-
POWER (Lady Prada)- Small Youth 2

So I'm not sure if it was on this thread, but someone mentioned that there were some paid 4.2 bids given out. My CP is on a 4.2 team and like everyone else, is working hard for a summit bid. I go on Varsity and look-this is what ALL bids for 4.2 look like as of 1/21. I don't get it....why even have the division at summit if it's going to be nearly impossible to get a bid? I know summit bids in general are hard to come by-but if you look at the other levels, they have a ton more bid recipients. Here we have two AL and the rest WC.

8a5c4f0c1f0a667f71ec67af269e1aea.jpg

I'm not a doctor or lawyer, I just play one at work.

So I'm not sure if it was on this thread, but someone mentioned that there were some paid 4.2 bids given out. My CP is on a 4.2 team and like everyone else, is working hard for a summit bid. I go on Varsity and look-this is what ALL bids for 4.2 look like as of 1/21. I don't get it....why even have the division at summit if it's going to be nearly impossible to get a bid? I know summit bids in general are hard to come by-but if you look at the other levels, they have a ton more bid recipients. Here we have two AL and the rest WC.

I find the whole bid distribution challenging. I'm sure a lot of thought & consideration was put into the method used. I've also heard as the season progresses it's easier to obtain a bid cause so many teams already have them. I just can't see a team who is consistently in 1st place in their division not receiving a bid cause other divisions are scoring higher. We are trying for D2 but the bids are limited at the comps near us. Then to hear other areas have an overabundance of D2 bids to hand out and teams with scores in the 80's are getting them. This is the first year for D2 surely things will improve in the future. As for the D1 summit. I'm sure that one is even more desired as each comp has been giving out way more bids.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The competition where the paid 4.2 bid was given out, and the at large 4.2 bid were given out were Cheerpower cash bash in Galveston.
That is the same competition my daughters team received a paid bid in small y3.

For whatever reason none of the bids from this competition are listed on the website yet. I check every day just to see my daughters y3.

Our junior 2 won an at large bid the week following that week at aca, (so last week) and they are listed on the summit website already.

I think it has to do with the reporting from Cheerpower may not be as fast. But both 4.2's were definitely amazing and both definitely got bids. And I'm positive both are going and accepted them.

I find the whole bid distribution challenging. I'm sure a lot of thought & consideration was put into the method used. I've also heard as the season progresses it's easier to obtain a bid cause so many teams already have them. I just can't see a team who is consistently in 1st place in their division not receiving a bid cause other divisions are scoring higher. We are trying for D2 but the bids are limited at the comps near us. Then to hear other areas have an overabundance of D2 bids to hand out and teams with scores in the 80's are getting them. This is the first year for D2 surely things will improve in the future. As for the D1 summit. I'm sure that one is even more desired as each comp has been giving out way more bids.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since d2 happened comps are actually giving out less bids than they use to. Atleast the comps we are going to. And they aren't easy to get, unless you are talking about wildcard bids.

Those are easy to get but actual paid an at large bids are hard to come by. You usually have to be grand champs in your division, unless the grand champs in your level already have bids then of course runner ups for the level which is still not always the easiest.

I know we all have bids at our gym but we had to put up high scores for each bid otherwise we would still have no bids, there are some incredibly deserving teams that fall short each comp, they could beat us on any given day.

What does stink is some bid declarations state will give it to the highest grand champ, and excludes runner ups.

For instance our j3 was on y3's tails at the comp y3 got paid at, and they were the second highest scoring team of the competition behind our y3- they did not get the other paid bid being given out there because the declaration said you have to be a grand champ to get paid so it ended up going to the 4.2 that scored a bit lower then our j3. But we knew going in only one of our level 3s could get a paid bid.
But I have no doubt they will get one soon. They are amazing!

Athletics
Senior 5R- paid - highest score of the comp

Senior 4- paid- 3rd highest score of the comp (our s3 our scored them and normally would of got paid but judges review from different judging panels decided to give it to s4 even though they scored just behind s3)

Senior 3- at large (see above s4 post- but was highest level 3)

Junior 3- at large (they scored not far behind our s3 being the 4th highest score of the competition)

Youth 2- at large (highest level 2 at the comp)

Youth 1- at large (highest level 1 at the comp)

Cheerpower Cash bash
Youth 3- Paid (highest score of the whole competition)

Aca
Junior 2- at large (second highest level 2 score just behind our y2 that had a bid already)

Last edited:
I am happy to see/hear that-makes me think it IS actually possible. I still find it frustrating that the 4.2 bids aren't even remotely close to the other levels-paid, at large, or wild card. They just aren't. We are hoping for a wild card (and who knows, we still have three comps, anything is possible).

Since d2 happened comps are actually giving out less bids than they use to. Atleast the comps we are going to. And they aren't easy to get, unless you are talking about wildcard bids.

Those are easy to get but actual paid an at large bids are hard to come by. You usually have to be grand champs in your division, unless the grand champs in your level already have bids then of course runner ups for the level which is still not always the easiest.

That's what we are experiencing as well. D1 bids are nearly impossible to get, however there are an overabundance of D2 bids at most of the comps. we have been to.

I am happy to see/hear that-makes me think it IS actually possible. I still find it frustrating that the 4.2 bids aren't even remotely close to the other levels-paid, at large, or wild card. They just aren't. We are hoping for a wild card (and who knows, we still have three comps, anything is possible).

It could also be that there are fewer 4.2 teams. I know we don't see many at the comps we go to - the last comp we were at had 24 level 4 teams and one level 4.2. Even if you just look at large S4, there were five teams to only one 4.2. The Summit bids in large S4 are 8 and there are 2 in level 4.2 - an 8 to 2 ratio seems like it would be pretty close to the distribution of 4.2 teams (or maybe even a little better since I didn't include large S2 in my comparison numbers).

Back