All-Star Survey: Hs Cheer V. All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you had to pick one would it be High Scool Cheer or All Star Cheer?

• Total voters
It would 100% depend upon the school I went to. I live in a heavy UCA world and hands down would pick school. If I didn't live where I did I would definitely go allstar. I wish everyone got to experience an amazing school team, but I realize that even though its normal around here, it is definitely rare everywhere else!

I started in school cheer, and then did both about three years in. Without school cheer, I would never have been blessed with the opportunity to work with NCA. Without allstar, I would have never had the skills I needed or the confidence for NCA. Both high school and allstar are equally important to me and I could never choose between them.

I chose All-star but I'm hoping my CP will do both. The atmosphere is different that I think she should experience both.

I chose All-star but I'm hoping my CP will do both. The atmosphere is different that I think she should experience both.
I wish my daughter could do both. But being on a Worlds team and going to the gym 5 times a week leaves little time. I keep reminding her we go to high school to get into college.

I only ever did all star and it's one of my biggest regrets. I never even tried out for the high school team and I really wish I had. I think I missed out on a lot opportunities. I don't think I would have done school over all star, but wish I had done both.

I did school cheer and all star for three years, but I gave up high school cheer my senior year. I missed it, but I still think it was a good choice for me. Most of the girls that go to the high school I went to choose high school over all star because our high school team is very competitive within our state and they go to UCA nationals. That all makes it hard for them to do both.

I did rec from ages 4-12 & then started AS. When I got to highschool I continued to to AS along with HS. I could never just do one or the other, even if it means I have cheer everyday but saturday

I wish my daughter could do both. But being on a Worlds team and going to the gym 5 times a week leaves little time. I keep reminding her we go to high school to get into college.

I can understand that. I would like her to do it before she makes a worlds team. She could cheer her freshman year and I'd be fine with that.

CP's school does not allow cheerleaders to do both. This has done has left the school team less than impressive, as most girls with any skills at all have gone/stayed the All Star route. I also question a HS program that allows a pregnant girl to stunt :eek:

CP's school does not allow cheerleaders to do both. This has done has left the school team less than impressive, as most girls with any skills at all have gone/stayed the All Star route. I also question a HS program that allows a pregnant girl to stunt :eek:
WHAT?!?! Am I reading this correctly? Your CP's high school lets a girl who is pregnant fly?

Please tell me she wasn't a flyer....although that might truly give new meaning to the much-loved term "fetal flyer":D.

She was a base, but even still. What if her flyer fell on top of her???
I didn't think of that. Bases tend to get kicked in the head, landed on, etc. to protect their flyers. I cannot even believe they still let her cheer. I would think there were rules athletes must follow in the school system, especially with respect to safety.
When I was in HS way back when, one of my Varsity teammates got pregnant and she was kicked off the team.

I didn't think of that. Bases tend to get kicked in the head, landed on, etc. to protect their flyers. I cannot even believe they still let her cheer. I would think there were rules athletes must follow in the school system, especially with respect to safety.
When I was in HS way back when, one of my Varsity teammates got pregnant and she was kicked off the team.
Well the story is that the coach "didn't know." But somehow the entire student body knew, along with many of the parents. I don't go to the HS games, but I heard about this from another parent who was there watching her son play.

I think all star created 4.2 level for those high school girls who can stunt level 4, but have level 2 tumbling. But, I agree high school cheer and all star cheer are two completely different experiences.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Agreed 100%!!!! :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back