All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would also like to see Champion Cheer!
I'm also so proud of our two teams; they are both advancing to semi finals. We have another team at Summit as well that received an at large, so it will be an exciting day for our gym tomorrow!

Just filled out the google doc with all the results currently available (basically everyone but small senior 2). You have to excuse me if there are any errors though, as it's 2 am here. :p Haven't even gone back to my regular sleeping schedule since worlds sooooo... There's that.. Gonna try to go to sleep now though, and I'll see y'all in 12 hours!

Just filled out the google doc with all the results currently available (basically everyone but small senior 2). You have to excuse me if there are any errors though, as it's 2 am here. :p Haven't even gone back to my regular sleeping schedule since worlds sooooo... There's that.. Gonna try to go to sleep now though, and I'll see y'all in 12 hours!
You're the best. I started with the first like 2 or 3 divisions then got sidetracked and forgot to go back in. Thank you!

Ok so I have a question about the Wildcard bids.

Do these teams pay the same fees as a team receiving an At Large bid? We've (personally) only ever gone to Summit on At Large. I know it was pricey. But we atleast knew we had a decent shot to get through to finals. But if WC's pay the same fees and yet only top 2 move on that just seems absolutely crazy to me. Ridiculous even.

Ok so I have a question about the Wildcard bids.

Do these teams pay the same fees as a team receiving an At Large bid? We've (personally) only ever gone to Summit on At Large. I know it was pricey. But we atleast knew we had a decent shot to get through to finals. But if WC's pay the same fees and yet only top 2 move on that just seems absolutely crazy to me. Ridiculous even.
yes, you do pay the same - prob. will cost more because you have to be there by Thursday to compete on Friday. It is a gamble but with having the chance to move straight to finals if you're in first, it makes it a lot more tempting.

yes, you do pay the same - prob. will cost more because you have to be there by Thursday to compete on Friday. It is a gamble but with having the chance to move straight to finals if you're in first, it makes it a lot more tempting.

Maybe if you're in a small division I can see that. But some of these WC divisions are pretty deep, and in that case for me it seems a big risk for little chance of payoff.

Maybe if you're in a small division I can see that. But some of these WC divisions are pretty deep, and in that case for me it seems a big risk for little chance of payoff.
i do agree with you. our gym actually doesn't accept wildcard - we only will go with either an at large or paid.
but i did notice a lot more gyms accepting the wildcard bids this year in comparison to last year.

I don't think anyone knows exactly how big their division is gonna be until the bids are mostly given out---I asked a similar question at the beginning of the season because I had a very, very hard time wrapping my head around the appeal of a WC bid for those who are coming in from far away. As a Florida gym, a WC bid or not isn't the end of the world---anyhow, most people came out and said it's a well worth gamble and they'd go on the WC bid.

Back