OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
You know @HeresAThought, even if you thought that Chloe was coaxed into talking to the camera I still had tears in my eyes and felt terribly sad for Christie and Chloe. I hated watching Abby talking about this child, more or less, anybody's child the way she spoke about Chloe... I actually grew more in love and respect for this young lady (Chloe) for her maturity, restraint and strength she shown in her walk off and she still had compliments for all of her teammates and never attacked anyone, not even Abby... Abby needs to watch that program and learn from Chloe, just how mature adults are supposed to behave... Chloe displayed true GRACE!!! Christie Kudos for raising such a lovely and mature young lady...

Abby shame on you for talking such crap and how dare you tell a 13 year old that they are washed up...

Seriously, why are you even allowed to work with children? I will label Abby's antics as emotional abuse, which leave lifetime scars and consequences on the children she inflicted this abuse upon...

PS: Abby is so lucky she was dealing with Christi and not 'FruityPebbles' - Talk about my baby girl, like she was talking about Chloe... "Oh Wow, Abby would have needed a surgeon to remove my size 8.5 foot from her rear-end"... :mad:

Oh i certainly had tears in my eyes for Chloe during the end of that episode. I just mean that when Chloe walked in and said "I heard Ms Abby", that was real and her initial reaction.

When they were outside talking that was some bs producer standing over them coaxing more reaction out of an already upset child and to me that's just as crappy as what Abby had already done to her.

Like you're hurting but here, relive it, hurt some more, it'll make great TV!

Oh i certainly had tears in my eyes for Chloe during the end of that episode. I just mean that when Chloe walked in and said "I heard Ms Abby", that was real and her initial reaction.

When they were outside talking that was some bs producer standing over them coaxing more reaction out of an already upset child and to me that's just as crappy as what Abby had already done to her.

Like you're hurting but here, relive it, hurt some more, it'll make great TV!

Same. It was like they stopped them on their way to the car and said; "Why are you leaving, Chloe? Tell us again!"

How creepy was it when Abby cornered Maddie and asked her if she was willing to do the Chandelier dance "or what?" "Make a decision, kid? Quick!" She seemed so desperate. I know that Maddie is probably not allowed to do that dance, on television, without permission. But, in that moment, Abby reminded me of one of those flashers on the subway ("Come here kid...quick! Look!") Ewww.

Finally, the episode was very poorly edited. You really never knew where any of the parents' emotions came from. Lifetime's editors went into overtime trying to protect Abby big time. One minute there's a shot of Kendall crying, then no Kendall at all - where did she go? Then, Christy asks a question calmly one second - the next she flies HOT! (Word on the street is that Abby made the comment about Chloe's eye in front of everyone and that is what upset both Christy and Chloe). Next scene, everyone is lined up neatly in a room. Isn't anyone upset about Chloe leaving? Aren't any parents going after her and Christy? I bet they did, if past episodes are any indication. It was all very scripted and mechanical looking.

Kendall got 9th...:confused:

Cameron fell...:help:
Abby doesn't understand how Chloe keeps beating Cameron...:cow:

From the footage they showed of Kamyrn before, and even including, the fall, IMO she was a lot better than Chloe. CP and I were suprised that she tied Chloe even with the fall.

In real life, Kamyrn is a very successful competition dancer (she is well known) - her not getting first at a comp is unusual. At a real competition she would expected to beat a dancer like Chloe - so I think it reflects a bit poorly on Abby how Kamryn isn't winning on the show because she is known for always winning in the competition world - it kind of looks like it's Abby's fault (her choreography, her training) that w/ her she's losing to Chloe and getting 5th place, when she usually always wins. That's my opinion as to why Abby wants her to win so much, well - that and her general dislike for Christi too ;).

That fall of Kamryn's really wasn't that bad either - she covered it well. I don't think it would have affected her score that much. There must have been some amazing dancers there to get 1-4 above Kamryn - my theory is that THAT is the real reason that it was decided that Maddie wouldn't do a solo - cause they (Abby, Melissa, etc.) didn't want her to risk losing. Cause she likely may have.

Last edited:
That fall of Kamryn's really wasn't that bad either - she covered it well. I don't think it would have affected her score that much. There must have been some amazing dancers there to get 1-4 above Kamryn - my theory is that THAT is the real reason that it was decided that Maddie wouldn't do a solo - cause they (Abby, Melissa, etc.) didn't want her to risk losing. Cause she likely may have.
I feel it is reality at its finest! Mostly scripted! Look at how empty that arena was for a national competition! If it was really a "national" comp them that place would of been packed!

I was under the impression these competitions weren't real either, or if they are actual competitions they are small and none of the major dance studios go to them. I had heard the legit EPs won't allow filming. My guess is the results are what the television producers want for their script and don't have a lot of legitimacy to them.

But seriously, I wonder who Christie was staring at when Chloe said that she heard Abby. She was looking straight at the camera and seriously looked like she was contemplating murder! Was there a cast member there? Was she looking at the camera crew? or was she working the cameras? Whatever it was, it came across as one of the most real moments that I have seen on the show.

Last edited:
But seriously, I wonder who Christie was staring at when Chloe said that she heard Abby. She was looking straight at the camera and seriously looked like she was contemplating murder! Was there a cast member there? Was she looking at the camera crew? or was she working the cameras? Whatever it was, it came across as one of the most real moments that I have seen on the show.

Maybe a camera crew or a producer person played Chloe a video recording of what Abby said. That's my theory. It would explain Christi's anger as she would have known someone purposely showed it to her.

I was just wondering, If Maddie have and was a feature dancer in a Nationally recognized video like 'Chandelier' and I am pretty sure was paid for performing, is still able to dance in competitions as an Amateur or will she be considered a Professional dancer? I thought, maybe that was the reason Abby did not select her for solo dance, because doing the whole season Maddie seemed to have been a shoo-in to dance at Nationals, but at the last minute was not selected...

Abby didn't choreo Chandelier and neither did any of her staff. I doubt that Maddie could preform it without permission, under the ALDC name.

I felt like she was looking at a producer.... it seemed like the game changer moment. Like "are yall going to do something or am I going to have to beat her a---"

Abby didn't choreo Chandelier and neither did any of her staff. I doubt that Maddie could preform it without permission, under the ALDC name.

No, I am not asking if Maddie could perform the Chandelier routine, I am asking specifically, if Maddie is still allow to dance as an Amateur dancer, now that she appeared in a high profile video... I ask this question because in a lot of sports such as the basketball, gymnastics, etc... if an athlete takes money from sponsors, etc... they are ineligible for college scholarships and are force to go Professional... Does this same rule applies to dancers too and maybe that was the reason Maddie could not compete as a solo dancer in this National... Just wondering!

No, I am not asking if Maddie could perform the Chandelier routine, I am asking specifically, if Maddie is still allow to dance as an Amateur dancer, now that she appeared in a high profile video... I ask this question because in a lot of sports such as the basketball, gymnastics, etc... if an athlete takes money from sponsors, etc... they are ineligible for college scholarships and are force to go Professional... Does this same rule applies to dancers too and maybe that was the reason Maddie could not compete as a solo dancer in this National... Just wondering!

I am not sure of all the governing rules of dance or the organization that put on this particular national comp. When I was a dancer, I went to a limited number of competitions, none of which were "national" and I was in no danger of being considered a professional (ha). I know that in some sports, you are not considered a professional until you reach the age of 18 and in others you are not a professional until you accept a certain amount of pay or prize money. I did try to research some amateur vs. professional rules concerning dance:

This is for the USA Dance National Dancesport competition:
Who Can Dance - USA Dance Nationals | USA Dance Nationals

and this is the link to the USA Dance rulebook:
DanceSport - Bylaws, Forms, Policies, Rules & more - USADance.org

I tried to look up amateur rules on the USASF Dance Worlds site, however you must send in your questions regarding dance rules.

I would imagine there are loopholes, Abby could've easily accepted payment since Maddie is a minor. Or Maddie might not have been paid at all to appear in the video.

Latest posts

Back