OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Sorry for the double post, but that is often why college athletes receive free shoes, laptops etc. NCAA rules that they cannot be paid money for their sport, but they do receive tons of free merch from sponsors etc.

She is allowed to still compete. Dance is not governed by the NCAA. Dance competitions can do whatever they want - they are all pretty much independent entities who do whatever they want w/ the goal of making a profit for their ownership - and they'd never turn away someone like Maddie, as well as a lot of other young dancers who get paid for professional gigs on broadway and such. Gymnasts and basketball players have to abide by the rules of the NCAA and the pro leagues, dance is just a different animal.

Dance competitions will even publish rules and then allow certain studios to blatantly break them - it is just a system w/ a very loose set of rules and a lot of subjectivity.

Cheerleading is a ton more regulated.

I'm not defending the moms but I can't imagine the moms would've signed their kids up for this show if they knew what would've happened. Like how could they have known Abby would turn out to be such a monster?

I wish I could see what the original contracts said. And I wish I knew how Abby was before the show. She didn't seem as bad in the first season as she is now. I feel like the moms signed this contract and never imagined it would turn out like this. (Honestly, how many reality shows turn out this tragically? How many shows are people emotionally abused day in and day out? I can't think of one show where people are treated like this, even adults, and these are children.) I have to imagine that the moms dont want to be on this show anymore but they are bound by contract and are trying their best to ride this wave out the best way they can.

I don't know, I don't feel as if I can blame them since I don't know the entire situation. That's fine if people disagree with me on that.

It will be interesting to see who signs on for more seasons and if they have negotiated things into the contract to protect their children/control what Abby and lifetime can and cannot do.

I'm not defending the moms but I can't imagine the moms would've signed their kids up for this show if they knew what would've happened. Like how could they have known Abby would turn out to be such a monster?

I wish I could see what the original contracts said. And I wish I knew how Abby was before the show. She didn't seem as bad in the first season as she is now. I feel like the moms signed this contract and never imagined it would turn out like this. (Honestly, how many reality shows turn out this tragically? How many shows are people emotionally abused day in and day out? I can't think of one show where people are treated like this, even adults, and these are children.) I have to imagine that the moms dont want to be on this show anymore but they are bound by contract and are trying their best to ride this wave out the best way they can.

I don't know, I don't feel as if I can blame them since I don't know the entire situation. That's fine if people disagree with me on that.

It will be interesting to see who signs on for more seasons and if they have negotiated things into the contract to protect their children/control what Abby and lifetime can and cannot do.

Filming started October 6....by Saturday people will know who is in the cast. But I'm thinking it's the Zeigler, Nia and Kendall. If so, im most shocked and disappointed in Dr. holly remaining in the midst of this mess

Those girls have danced for Abby (with the exception of kendall ) for years.... Kelly "danced" for Abby as well, so I think they all knew how Abby was/is/could be...I think Abby's behavior is amplified by the show and I think she acts more awful than necessary for shock value....but I still think she had a brash teaching style from the jump.

I also think there isn't a lawyer in America (a good one) that couldn't have gotten those children out of their contracts. The Same footage I'm sure Paige is using in her lawsuit could have been used to set those kids free. I mean we've seen Real Housewives walk away from filming mid season....I just can't be convinced that those moms could not have gotten out of those contracts had they tried

Too bad TMZ hasn't released the contracts.

Filming started October 6....by Saturday people will know who is in the cast. But I'm thinking it's the Zeigler, Nia and Kendall. If so, im most shocked and disappointed in Dr. holly remaining in the midst of this mess

Those girls have danced for Abby (with the exception of kendall ) for years.... Kelly "danced" for Abby as well, so I think they all knew how Abby was/is/could be...I think Abby's behavior is amplified by the show and I think she acts more awful than necessary for shock value....but I still think she had a brash teaching style from the jump.

I also think there isn't a lawyer in America (a good one) that couldn't have gotten those children out of their contracts. The Same footage I'm sure Paige is using in her lawsuit could have been used to set those kids free. I mean we've seen Real Housewives walk away from filming mid season....I just can't be convinced that those moms could not have gotten out of those contracts had they tried

Too bad TMZ hasn't released the contracts.

I agree with everything you said. I'm sure that the kelly and Abby squabble that was taken to court broke Kelly's contract somehow so that's how/why she got out of it. I wonder how much the kids have a say in if they continue. I get the feeling that Nia is blind or oblivious to what's going on or doesn't care and it doesn't bother her so she wanted to stay. I feel like Chloe thought she could tough it out and finish her contract so her mom didn't go and find a way to get out. Mackenzie and Maddie and Kendall are clearly favorites so I doubt they'd want to stop. The moms have said over and over how much their kids love the team and love to dance so I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes that made the moms not get out of it.

Next season I feel like we'll be seeing a lot more Kalahni or however you spell it.

Also, has TMZ released peoples contracts before? Jeez I'd love to read through the DM contracts!

From the posts I saw today I would agree, and I think camryn (kamryn?) is Chloe's "replacement". I feel like Nia and the zieglers are definitely staying because they continue to post themselves dancing there, and I can't even imagine how toxic of a situation it would be if they tried to quit the show but keep dancing there..... I doubt they're dumb enough to try. But Camryn was in their posts today looking like part of the team

I agree with everything you said. I'm sure that the kelly and Abby squabble that was taken to court broke Kelly's contract somehow so that's how/why she got out of it. I wonder how much the kids have a say in if they continue. I get the feeling that Nia is blind or oblivious to what's going on or doesn't care and it doesn't bother her so she wanted to stay. I feel like Chloe thought she could tough it out and finish her contract so her mom didn't go and find a way to get out. Mackenzie and Maddie and Kendall are clearly favorites so I doubt they'd want to stop. The moms have said over and over how much their kids love the team and love to dance so I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes that made the moms not get out of it.

Next season I feel like we'll be seeing a lot more Kalahni or however you spell it.

Also, has TMZ released peoples contracts before? Jeez I'd love to read through the DM contracts!

TMZ has released people's deaths before the person even knew they were dead so I don't see why they can't dig up some contracts.

I also saw some where that Kalanhi's mom perfectly calculated her kids appearance on the show (same, saw, conquered, got out before her child was emotionally shattered to pieces) so she won't be back. But who knows what will happen if the $$ is right

Kamryn's mom is an idiot. I feel like any parent that doesn't live under a rock and is familiar with the show and still allows their child to film needs to be investigated by social services.

I am so happy that chloe is fully out of the wrath of Abby now as I have seen some videos and she looks like so much pressure has been lifted of her shoulders and she can be free and enjoy dance again. I hope that dance moms doesn't continue much longer as I have a feeling that now chloe is gone either Nia or Kendall will be in the wrath of Abby

Tbh, I highly doubt that Holly will allow Nia to be Abby's punching bag, but Kendall made be in serious trouble because Jill is willing to do anything and everything for her daughter's name to shine brightly on top of the Marquee...I questioned Jill's maternal instincts, when she was okay with Kendall dancing to Maddy's routine in a competition, only a week after Maddie won performing at another competition, this for me spoke volume about her as a stage mother...Why put Kendall in this position of being Maddie's sloppy second and having Abby tear her apart for not being Maddie...

If that Paige lawsuit gets anywhere, it could set a significant precedent re: the strict and harsh coaching of children. There are some coaches out there that make Abby Lee look like a sweetie-pie. If they are liable for being sued for the insulting things they say, etc. it could really be a game-changer in some sports.

Her mom kept her there and kept the $ involved, if it was so bad then quit!
Part of me truly believed that when Kelly said multiple times if it wasn't for the girls wanting to be there so bad she would have left years ago. These accusations make me question her as a a mother. If paige was this badly affected I cant see why she would leave her there for 1 minute..

Latest posts

Back