OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
And yet again Maddie looked everything but happy in the newest episode. Melissa is destroying that child. Poor kid
JoJo ..oh what a kid, she will have a really hard time growing up seeing as how conceited she already is , wow this is the first time i ever agreed or will agree with abby.
There is just something about Kendall dancing that i can't like, she always looks awkward to me, she misses that elegance other dancers have
Oh and this episode finally showed everyones true colors, i mean it was always obvious for what reason the moms do the show but now they FINALLY admitted that all they are looking for is fame for their kids. Horrible people

Same about Kendall. She's she's not very graceful. When Maddie, Mackenzie, or Chloe dance, they all look like they are doing the skills with no effort. Kendall looks like she is working hard to do the skills. Like it doesn't look easy. She looks like she has to think about executing every movement. I wonder if it's a strength and conditioning thing or like a body awareness/control thing.

ughhh so disturbing. but I mean cheer isn't too far off. I have seen more youth aged kids with bleach blonde hair this season popping up on SM and I cringe every time. their hair is going to fall out by the time they're 15 (especially with all that teasing :confused:) I also cringe when I think about what some of these parents must be paying for hair appointments. :eek: at least jojo's mom was doing it for her to save a buck.
You're kidding.

Yes!!! I've seriously wondered if Louis Vuitton is a sponsor of the show or something because all of those girls carry LV bags. I doubt they would be involved in that craziness, but there is easily at least $10k worth of handbags in every episode

All of the families were pretty affluent before the series and after Kelly went to court we learned how much they really make. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're bought as a status symbol.

Yes!!! I've seriously wondered if Louis Vuitton is a sponsor of the show or something because all of those girls carry LV bags. I doubt they would be involved in that craziness, but there is easily at least $10k worth of handbags in every episode
I remember the girls all had Louis V bags in one ep. LV has to be a sponsor.

All of the families were pretty affluent before the series and after Kelly went to court we learned how much they really make. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're bought as a status symbol.
I hate to be nosy, but... how much?

I hate to be nosy, but... how much?

Per court documents it works out to:
$6,000 or more per episode (with how it's written, the Zeigler's and Hyland would make more because they had 2 kids on the show) with $12,500 per reunion or specialty episode
$60,000 bonus at the competition of the season
$2,000 for babysitting (unclear how often this was paid)
$3,500 for wardrobe (unclear how often this was paid)
They get a small percentage of merchandise sales

To be honest, LV bags are very common in dance studios - especially for the moms of the competition team kids. It's usually how you can distinguish a competition team parent from a recreational class parent ;) - by their LV bag.

I'd bet most of the Dance Moms were carrying LV's pre-show.

Didn't they even carry around a whole set of suitcases from LV? That was ridiciculous, the Girls are like 10 , they would be fine with a suitcase from Walmart

Per court documents it works out to:
$6,000 or more per episode (with how it's written, the Zeigler's and Hyland would make more because they had 2 kids on the show) with $12,500 per reunion or specialty episode
$60,000 bonus at the competition of the season
$2,000 for babysitting (unclear how often this was paid)
$3,500 for wardrobe (unclear how often this was paid)
They get a small percentage of merchandise sales
Sounds hefty.

I've heard they recently celebrated the 100th show, so assuming they've been making $6k per episode from the start (which may not have been the case, it probably went up significantly once the show became a hit) - that $600k for the episodes, plus $60k x 4 seasons... Add in the specials and other stuff, you're probably looking at about $1 million over the course of 4 years, or $250k a year. Yes - very good money, but I don't know if that's worth selling out your family and reputation for - plus the emotional damage they are risking for the kids. Holly had a good career too as a principal that she gave up to do this nonsense, which I don't know if it was worth it financially for her to do that - I sure as heck know I wouldn't want her to show up as the principal at my kids school 2 years from now when the show is over and I'm sure most other parents would feel the same way.

Latest posts

Back