OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I've heard they recently celebrated the 100th show, so assuming they've been making $6k per episode from the start (which may not have been the case, it probably went up significantly once the show became a hit) - that $600k for the episodes, plus $60k x 4 seasons... Add in the specials and other stuff, you're probably looking at about $1 million over the course of 4 years, or $250k a year. Yes - very good money, but I don't know if that's worth selling out your family and reputation for - plus the emotional damage they are risking for the kids. Holly had a good career too as a principal that she gave up to do this nonsense, which I don't know if it was worth it financially for her to do that - I sure as heck know I wouldn't want her to show up as the principal at my kids school 2 years from now when the show is over and I'm sure most other parents would feel the same way.

From what I've heard through the grape vine, Holly leaving her career wasn't a choice; but a choice that was forced onto her because of the show.

I've heard they recently celebrated the 100th show, so assuming they've been making $6k per episode from the start (which may not have been the case, it probably went up significantly once the show became a hit) - that $600k for the episodes, plus $60k x 4 seasons... Add in the specials and other stuff, you're probably looking at about $1 million over the course of 4 years, or $250k a year. Yes - very good money, but I don't know if that's worth selling out your family and reputation for - plus the emotional damage they are risking for the kids. Holly had a good career too as a principal that she gave up to do this nonsense, which I don't know if it was worth it financially for her to do that - I sure as heck know I wouldn't want her to show up as the principal at my kids school 2 years from now when the show is over and I'm sure most other parents would feel the same way.

Yes to everything you said

But Holly's husband is the CEO of some health something or other and he makes bank (my mom looked this up on Monday) and I don't think Doc Holly had to work to begin with so I suppose that's why she was so willing to give up her career for this crap

Correction- Senior Vice President Evan Frazier | LinkedIn

From what I've heard through the grape vine, Holly leaving her career wasn't a choice; but a choice that was forced onto her because of the show.

Yeah - so if her career as a principal (anything reputable involving education and child development) is now over and she can no longer make good money doing the thing she chose as her career for the rest of her life - that $1 million may have not have even been worth it to buy out her career at her age. Principals around me make six figure salaries, they are very prestigious jobs and good character is very important. She had a lot more to lose than the others who I don't think had significant careers outside the home before the show. Maybe her husband is loaded and the money isn't an issue, but still, giving up a career like that is almost like giving up a career as a lawyer or doctor - something you study at the highest levels and work hard for your whole life, gone. It's a shame and I don't understand why the little fame Nia is getting out of this is worth it.

She was also the principal (like the lower school principal ) at some ritzy private school, so you know good and well the board had Doc. Holly put out.

I think the reason most of the dads are Never on the show is because they're gonna need their jobs when the dance moms money dries up like a raisin in the sun ....

I never even see the dads on social media.

Sometimes I wonder if their husbands secretly want to flee

I was just curious, do the girls go to school or are they all home-schooled? How can they just go off to LA for an extended period of time and miss that much school?

I was just curious, do the girls go to school or are they all home-schooled? How can they just go off to LA for an extended period of time and miss that much school?
last time they talked about it was just Maddie and Mackenzie. This was before Kilani and mojo so i don't know about them. Holly has stated several times she would not home school Nia however i don't see how else they can be doing what they are doing?

I wonder if next season will be ALDC NY and all the girls will compete to star on Broadway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wonder about the non-dance siblings of these kids and what kind of lives they have with their mom and sister spending so much time on this show, away at competitions, and now off to Los Angeles. I clicked on @HeresAThought's link for Nia's dad and read in his bio that they have three kids - Nia has two brothers. Chloe had a very little sister when the show began if I remember correctly.

I always wonder about the non-dance siblings of these kids and what kind of lives they have with their mom and sister spending so much time on this show, away at competitions, and now off to Los Angeles. I clicked on @HeresAThought's link for Nia's dad and read in his bio that they have three kids - Nia has two brothers. Chloe had a very little sister when the show began if I remember correctly.

The hylands also have an older brother or maybe a brother in between Brooke and Paige.

Chloe's sister Clara I know traveled with them and had a nanny. I stumbled upon videos of Chloe at her new studio and in them Clara is dancing around.

I think Maddie and MacKenzie have older half brother by their dad

I know poor Asia had that younger sister her mom clearly didn't care for

I dk if Kahlani has siblings

kendall has two older sisters. From what Jill posts on Instagram they appear to be a freshman in college and a senior in high school. The older girl danced at ALDC and is now a ladybird at UofL, it's why Jill said she had an event in Kentucky. Their family regularly went to UofL games

As far as the others I guess they just deal with having an absent parent and the perks of having DM money flowing into their home....maybe they sit around playing that Ashlee Simpson song that was like "Living in the shadow of someone else's dream...."

Last edited:

Clara travels with Christi and Chloe for most of the events and from what I've seen, Christi travels with someone (not sure if it's a relative or a nanny) for Clara during the actual meet n greets and such.

The hylands also have an older brother or maybe a brother in between Brooke and Paige.

Chloe's sister Clara I know traveled with them and had a nanny. I stumbled upon videos of Chloe at her new studio and in them Clara is dancing around.

I think Maddie and MacKenzie have older half brother by their dad

I know poor Asia had that younger sister her mom clearly didn't care for

I dk if Kahlani has siblings

kendall has two older sisters. From what Jill posts on Instagram they appear to be a freshman in college and a senior in high school. The older girl danced at ALDC and is now a ladybird at UofL, it's why Jill said she had an event in Kentucky. Their family regularly went to UofL games

As far as the others I guess they just deal with having an absent parent and the perks of having DM money flowing into their home....maybe they sit around playing that Ashlee Simpson song that was like "Living in the shadow of someone else's dream...."

Kalani has a little brother Jax. I remember Kira complaining about traveling at one point because she was having trouble splitting time.

I think Brooke and Paige have two older brothers; they played soccer but Kelly complained that she could never go to their games.

I snorted to your Ashlee Simpson comment because of that awful ballad by Mackenzie about it being her time to shine. Oh dear auto tune.

Kalani has a little brother Jax. I remember Kira complaining about traveling at one point because she was having trouble splitting time.

I think Brooke and Paige have two older brothers; they played soccer but Kelly complained that she could never go to their games.

I snorted to your Ashlee Simpson comment because of that awful ballad by Mackenzie about it being her time to shine. Oh dear auto tune.

Kelly just has one boy, Josh (according to her instagram)

760b1a54d8cc8c830dcc4f81f85d55fa.jpg

Maybe MacKenzie can sing the sound track for when the left over sibling's tell all books get turned into Lifetime movies

Back