OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I didn't know that there were older kids in the family.

I think that both the cheer squad and the dance teams go by that name.

I had to use the urban dictionary to find out what a ladybird meant....

:stupid:
University of Louisville dance team

I have no clue what a ladybird would be defined as on urban dictionary.....

Jill has two high school aged daughters from what I've gathered on Instagram

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

it's clear that she was meant to look naked or they would have put her in something else. though i kind of agree that if she were wearing anything else it would distract from the dance.. so idk. though when she was in front of the window she actually looked naked and at times you can clearly see her, uh, nipples and butt crack. they're covered, yes, but nothing is left to the imagination either.

i feel like i bring up safety and pedophiles way too often on the boards, but thats all i could think about... how many men were watching this seemingly little girl prance around naked? and then i got skeeved out by it. i realize you can't live your life in fear of a creeper and this is a phenomenal opportunity for her... idk a leotard at dance class is no big deal. a music video shown on tv and is on demand on the internet.. ehhh

the artistry was very well done and she did a great job. i just don't feel right about watching it..
There's a lot better material out there on the internet if you're a creeper than this. I thought it was hauntingly beautiful. Striking and slightly unnerving to watch. I feel this is problem the deepest music video I've ever seen. It will mean something different to everyone depending on their own life experience. Yes, it made me uncomfortable at times and it should. The more I watch it, the more I realize there is meaning in every movement. It is a brilliant piece of art.

There's a lot better material out there on the internet if you're a creeper than this. I thought it was hauntingly beautiful. Striking and slightly unnerving to watch. I feel this is problem the deepest music video I've ever seen. It will mean something different to everyone depending on their own life experience. Yes, it made me uncomfortable at times and it should. The more I watch it, the more I realize there is meaning in every movement. It is a brilliant piece of art.

i didn't say it wasn't a wonderful piece of art. part of me just feels weird watching it... like i shouldn't be because it's too... intimate? a look into someone else's life. which is a sign of a phenomenal job well done to all involved.

i already said she is clearly meant to look naked and if they put her in any color it just wouldn't have been right. i could use a thicker leotard though... since nothing is left to the imagination and that is where the creeper part came in. yes, there are "creepier" things out there on the internet, but this is a music video being shown everywhere to everyone.

i didn't say it wasn't a wonderful piece of art. part of me just feels weird watching it... like i shouldn't be because it's too... intimate? a look into someone else's life. which is a sign of a phenomenal job well done to all involved.

i already said she is clearly meant to look naked and if they put her in any color it just wouldn't have been right. i could use a thicker leotard though... since nothing is left to the imagination and that is where the creeper part came in. yes, there are "creepier" things out there on the internet, but this is a music video being shown everywhere to everyone.

I agree I felt a little uncomfortable watching it, but as I type that out I realize that was the point. Sia is an incredible artist (regardless of some of the more high-profile songs she's done lately) and I think her full intention was to make people as uncomfortable as possible with this. Her vocals are so strained they're almost bad, but still amazing in a weird way. The dancing is so awkward and uncomfortable and not traditional choreography by any means, the almost continuous shot makes it feel more genuine, adding to the discomfort because the situation seems real. The nude body suit kinda seems like just another way of making people as uncomfortable as possible watching it. After all, if you're gonna write and sing a song like that, I doubt your intention is to make people feel warm and fuzzy.

I know at least one of her older daughters dances/danced at ALDC for a long time. I remember finding that funny when Kendall was kicked out and was dancing with Candy Apples, Ryleigh (other daughter) was dancing with ALDC senior company at the same competitions. Given the history of the studios, I felt sorry for Jill during that time.

Thanks for telling me what it actually meant :) Luckily, a ladybird didn't have a dodgy meaning on urban dictionary.

Oh yeah, I just remembered to tell you guys:

Kendall never danced at the Candy Apples. Apparently it was all just for "show ratings". So all along, Lifetime trolled us into thinking that Kendall used to dance at the CADC, but in reality, she still danced at the ALDC.

I WISH I NEVER SAW THAT FACT. A PARAGRAPH CAN DRAMATICALLY CHANGE YOUR OUTLOOK ON A TV SHOW.

ETA: I watch way too much reality television.

Oh yeah, I just remembered to tell you guys:

Kendall never danced at the Candy Apples. Apparently it was all just for "show ratings". So all along, Lifetime trolled us into thinking that Kendall used to dance at the CADC, but in reality, she still danced at the ALDC.

I WISH I NEVER SAW THAT FACT. A PARAGRAPH CAN DRAMATICALLY CHANGE YOUR OUTLOOK ON A TV SHOW.

ETA: I watch way too much reality television.

It is ok if you break the dance mom illusion, just as long as you never tell me is that CT, from The Challenge on MTV, really isn't from Boston ;)

Sia Performs 'Chandelier' | EllenTV.com

crazy that this was just as stunning live.

interesting that they made her wear shorts. guess i'm not the only one who felt ick about it. i do wonder whose idea that was, though? like the network, ellen show people, or maddie people?

Def the network. I use to work for daytime talk. You can't really show cleavage or any of your midriff.

Sorry to change the subject guys, but I have sort-of breaking news:

My dance studio just posted this photo on Facebook and said that there's gonna be a Dance Moms UK.....
1012589_675149869213082_297201512568449961_n.jpg

Lifetime UK commissions local version of “Dance Moms” » Realscreen

Sorry to change the subject guys, but I have sort-of breaking news:

My dance studio just posted this photo on Facebook and said that there's gonna be a Dance Moms UK.....
1012589_675149869213082_297201512568449961_n.jpg

Lifetime UK commissions local version of “Dance Moms” » Realscreen

Oh good grief. Not surprised that it's Jennifer Ellison though, she loves being in the rags and the more respected schools like Italia Conti and Sylvia Young would never want to be associated with DC.

Back