All-Star Tiny Team Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a question about Tiny teams and i thought i may put it here. its about keeping tinys focused in big gyma like with more that two mats (for an example itty bitty kitties from CA they have a really big gym with alout of floors in) how do you keep the little ones focused with all the noise and the other teams around them? is it a question of alot of playing or do you practise at odd times when there is no other teams training? may be a weird question but its been bugging me for a while now.
When our tiny's practice, there are two other teams going as well as a tumbling class starting towards the end and another team starting towards the end as well. We have 13 girls, all in 1st grade except one in kinder. I don't think they do it anymore, but they would block off the whole back of the mat with the foam mats. I think some of ours still don't focus, but it has gotten a lot better. Our tiny prep team has 9 kiddos and they were also practicing at the same time we were for about two months. They now practice on a day when they aren't any teams in the gym yet.

When our tiny's practice, there are two other teams going as well as a tumbling class starting towards the end and another team starting towards the end as well. We have 13 girls, all in 1st grade except one in kinder. I don't think they do it anymore, but they would block off the whole back of the mat with the foam mats. I think some of ours still don't focus, but it has gotten a lot better. Our tiny prep team has 9 kiddos and they were also practicing at the same time we were for about two months. They now practice on a day when they aren't any teams in the gym yet.

ok. thanks. that sounds like a great way with the tiny prep that they dont have any other teams.. they may eb able to focus better then. and good that your team focus better now.

I have a question about Tiny teams and i thought i may put it here. its about keeping tinys focused in big gyma like with more that two mats (for an example itty bitty kitties from CA they have a really big gym with alout of floors in) how do you keep the little ones focused with all the noise and the other teams around them? is it a question of alot of playing or do you practise at odd times when there is no other teams training? may be a weird question but its been bugging me for a while now.
my girls practice from 5-6pm before the larger team practices start. but we only have one floor, so if anything there may be private tumbling classes going on, but thats about it. and even then, focusing is a struggle! haha

I can understand that being a deduction for a mini team. But for tiny level, given the age range and variations of development for these kids, it is a bit much to deduct for that.
My thoughts exactly!!! I could swear before we started this team that I had seen MULTIPLE tiny teams compete with coaches lining them up on the mat, and then sitting on the floor directly in front of them marking out the routine for the girls. But at every comp we have been to so far, we are not allowed to set them up, and if we are allowed to sit in front we are confined to a 4x4 box to sit in.

Oh, I should have added we are a first year program, so we are also kind of learning as we go with our Tiny Prep. Our goal was to just get them to look adorable and have some unity and cleanliness.

my girls practice from 5-6pm before the larger team practices start. but we only have one floor, so if anything there may be private tumbling classes going on, but thats about it. and even then, focusing is a struggle! haha

haha yeah getting them to focus must be hard sometimes! but i love watching tinys so the work is worth it, theyre so cute!

My thoughts exactly!!! I could swear before we started this team that I had seen MULTIPLE tiny teams compete with coaches lining them up on the mat, and then sitting on the floor directly in front of them marking out the routine for the girls. But at every comp we have been to so far, we are not allowed to set them up, and if we are allowed to sit in front we are confined to a 4x4 box to sit in.

Oh, I should have added we are a first year program, so we are also kind of learning as we go with our Tiny Prep. Our goal was to just get them to look adorable and have some unity and cleanliness.

During CP's tiny years, I can't think of a single time where the coaches weren't directly in front. I don't think they got set up, on the floor, but the coaches were definitely front and center. Currently, our Tiny teams walks out solo but the coach is in front. We have a Tiny 1 and a Tiny Exhibition (they get walked out and everything is marked).

It's always a struggle! Lol

We have a team of 16. They practice with multiple teams in the gym, and a boys tumbling class! We as coaches tend to bring them in close to get their focus, and it helps them listen to instruction. When warming stunts up we do a lot of show and tell. It helps the visual learners, along with great effort to be the tightest group. We also try to use their music as much as possible during practice. When music is on, they are much more alert!

We have a team of 16. They practice with multiple teams in the gym, and a boys tumbling class! We as coaches tend to bring them in close to get their focus, and it helps them listen to instruction. When warming stunts up we do a lot of show and tell. It helps the visual learners, along with great effort to be the tightest group. We also try to use their music as much as possible during practice. When music is on, they are much more alert!

That sounds like youre doing a good job! and thanks for the answer!

Back