OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apparently over 80 girls have signed up for recruitment at my school and its expected to get to around 100. If every girl goes through with it each chapter is getting a pledge class of around 33. My current chapter is only like 37 girls. Technically our cap is 49 but I'm assuming the school will raise it or over half the girls wont get a bid....
I think out of the almost 2000 girls that went through recruitment at my school somewhere around 500-700 didn't get bids

I think out of the almost 2000 girls that went through recruitment at my school somewhere around 500-700 didn't get bids
WOW! Over a quarter of girls getting dropped from the process altogether is crazy to me. It's very rare for someone not to get a bid at all at South Carolina. WAY more drop out of rush on their own than actually get dropped.

WOW! Over a quarter of girls getting dropped from the process altogether is crazy to me. It's very rare for someone not to get a bid at all at South Carolina. WAY more drop out of rush on their own than actually get dropped.
I think the 700 was people that didn't make it through recruitment altogether. So I wanna say 200 dropped on their own and 500 got dropped. I could be wrong though

I think the 700 was people that didn't make it through recruitment altogether. So I wanna say 200 dropped on their own and 500 got dropped. I could be wrong though

That's a huge number. I can't imagine a school not doing something drastic to change that. Sounds like y'all need some new colonies.

What school is this??

RIGHT?!?! I would be terrified to rush there, haha.
My sister goes there, she's a sophomore and her sorority's pledge class this year was like 103 or something? But I'm pretty sure her PC last year wasn't that big... But to see that AND so many people dropped or got dropped? That's crazy

My sister goes there, she's a sophomore and her sorority's pledge class this year was like 103 or something? But I'm pretty sure her PC last year wasn't that big... But to see that AND so many people dropped or got dropped? That's crazy
That would maybe make sense then, depending on how many chapters are at the school. Just comparing to SC's numbers since I know them from being on Advisory Board, around 1700 total rushed this year. 11 sororities on campus and everyone averaged around 130 members. That equals 1430. I would estimate maybe 100 got dropped entirely and the rest dropped on their own. If you made it to pref round you were guaranteed a bid somewhere.

They are also colonizing Pi Beta Phi this year so girls who dropped out or got dropped are eligible to rush Pi Phi here in a couple weeks.

That would maybe make sense then, depending on how many chapters are at the school. Just comparing to SC's numbers since I know them from being on Advisory Board, around 1700 total rushed this year. 11 sororities on campus and everyone averaged around 130 members. That equals 1430. I would estimate maybe 100 got dropped entirely and the rest dropped on their own. If you made it to pref round you were guaranteed a bid somewhere.

They are also colonizing Pi Phi this year so girls who dropped out or got dropped are eligible to rush Pi Phi here in a couple weeks.
There are 16, not sure what the average PC size was but my sister's is probably bigger than average, it was only chartered @ mizzou in December 2012.

Has anyone cheered in college and been in a sorority? How did you balance your time?

I know some people have already answered you, but I wanted to answer anyway :) I'm not a cheerleader, but I'm in the band at my school and in a sorority (2 technically if you count my non-panhellenic one). My chapter is always understanding when I have practice/games that require me to miss meetings or an event. At times it's fairly difficult to manage everything, but I couldn't imagine it any other way :)

Back