All-Star Trinity And Cheerupdates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Having unfortunately recently had to talk to a lawyer I can give you a little background on the process. First, anyone can sue anyone for anything. If you are willing to pay you can get a suit brought up. However many lawyers won't touch if it the case has no chance (unless you pay gobs of money anyway) and the judge can throw it out if he feels it has no basis. But, let's say there is a modicum of chance you could win the case and a lawyer and judge allow it to proceed. What is the charge? Is it slander? The prosecution would have to show that what was said negatively affected the business. The prosecution would also have to show what was said was not true. The truth is a defense. So, yes someone could take you to court for something that is not true, but it doesn't mean they will win. It might just mean its a huge pain in the butt and take months. If someone is willing to pay then can definitely take your life away for a little bit. At the end you can counter sue and get your money back, but it is also more court time.

Probably the saving grace though (and the part that really turns people away from suing everyone besides the amount of time and money spent) is the exploratory phase. Imagine someone asking in court, while you are under oath, the most embarrassing questions of your life and you have to answer truthfully or you perjure yourself. And it is on public record. I don't judge people with skeletons in their closet, but I am lucky to have lead a boring life in this regard.

Anyways, I think people throw around the sue / court thing a lot to intimidate, but in general it isn't an option I think many would truly explore.

I just feel like this kind of damages the credibility of the gym? Bribing talented athletes with free stuff and promising them 'cheerlebrity' status really makes it sound like such a dodgy establishment to me

Dear Trinity,

I can be bought too. I can't cheer or coach or tumble. But I feel like since I've spent the entire night caught up in this instead of doing my final exam, you should help me out. Obviously I will never graduate as long as you are in business. Could you bring me on as HeresAThought's personal assistant? I could maybe drive her around in the Audi.

Can't wait.:cloud9:
J-a-M

Trying to make a come up off of my come up I see? Does that mean you'd be the Sweetie to my Kim Zolciak?

I think the only people that need to be fired here are the producers at TLC that chose some other gym for "Cheer Perfection." Boy howdy did you miss the golden drama ticket!

That's the reality tv equivalent of cutting Michael Jordan from his high school basketball team.

#fail

i get the feeling there will be memes/gifs about this subject very very soon...

Well here you go. I saw this in another thread! Coach Tamara posted it.

30570290.jpg

I'm confused about his rebuttle statement about everyone receiving his letter. Wasn't the sent specifically to the person being recruited? Why would it go to every gym, Varsity, and USASF? What is his point there? That everyone knew about it or that he was upfront about the offers? I don't get it.

1st off... I'm completely disgusted!!! 2nd--- so so disappointed in what this sport has become!!! Parents spend thousands for their athletes to cheer, sacrifice in most cases so that their kid can do what they love!!! This is Cheerleading! Give me a break!! I'm disgusted by Trinity! I'm disgusted by this "Cheerlebrity" crap! I'm disgusted that someone would actually want to "sue" a twitter bc he posted facts!!! This man bribed cheerleaders!! People... Really??? I will stand up before everyone & so will half my friends and say "this is embarrassing" at so many levels... For this sport we love, for the gyms thAt would never stoop to this level, to the kids that don't want to be "cheerlebrities" ... They just want to do what they love!! We are giving this way to much attention and it needs to stop! And honestly, if he wants to sue Cheer Updates.... I'm sure there are plenty of people that will stand up for the truth of this sport! Obviously some have lost their damn minds!! I've never said this before... But will say it now! College cheer can't come soon enough for me! ;) congrats to some for ruining this sport!!

I'm confused about his rebuttle statement about everyone receiving his letter. Wasn't the sent specifically to the person being recruited? Why would it go to every gym, Varsity, and USASF? What is his point there? That everyone knew about it or that he was upfront about the offers? I don't get it.

I believe what was ment was that the original letter was sent to USASF, Varsity, every gym owner etc. as a means to call out.

Okay, so the letter offering the moon was sent to those organizations by the person who gave it to cheer updates. Gotcha.

I believe what was ment was that the original letter was sent to USASF, Varsity, every gym owner etc. as a means to call out.

OH! That makes so much more sense. I completely misread it and thought he was saying it was originally sent to all those people (I thought as some bizarre way of trying to justify it).

Either way, that's still a gross over exaggeration. I don't think any gym owners I know had it sent to them. I think they all saw it on Twitter or here, just like the rest of us.

Hang on, CAmamakat . Though I get where you're coming from, and I understand the disgust, this incident did NOT ruin the sport, and this is NOT what the sport has become.
99.9% of us still live in the real cheer world, where you have to pay your comp fees and tuition, buy your own uni and shoes and warm-ups and practice wear and bows, pay for travel, and still not have a snowflake's chance in hell of going to Disney in April.
This is an isolated, unfortunate incident that just ruined Trinity Athletics. I don't see how it's remotely possible for that gym to recover from this type of foolery.
Agreed w/ pcm . Karma's a you-know-what.

Having unfortunately recently had to talk to a lawyer I can give you a little background on the process. First, anyone can sue anyone for anything. If you are willing to pay you can get a suit brought up. However many lawyers won't touch if it the case has no chance (unless you pay gobs of money anyway) .
Trinity will probably offer to pay for three times the amount of money, a new outfit to wear in court, and spots for the lawyer's family members to be on one of his teams.

Back