All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We will meet the team on Sunday...so until then I'm not really sure. I will say last year she was extremely close with a 14 year old (so 5 years between them). She is very mature for her age and a work horse. I honestly think she will be fine. But it would be nice to have a couple of girls about her age. Guess we will see on Sunday!

Well that was an unexpected twist.

How far are you driving and what is difference in practice times? I'm not used to anything junior and up beginning prior to around 7.
There is only a four minute difference in drive time, but because practice isn't until 7 we have no traffic to worry about. At the mega gym, youth and jr teams practiced at 5:30 which is impossible to make and her go to school. It was certainly an unexpected twist...but she is beyond happy!

We will meet the team on Sunday...so until then I'm not really sure. I will say last year she was extremely close with a 14 year old (so 5 years between them). She is very mature for her age and a work horse. I honestly think she will be fine. But it would be nice to have a couple of girls about her age. Guess we will see on Sunday!
She is already making friends on Instagram from her team. There is an 11 year old on the team...so yay!

I'm pretty sure we've all figured out what gyms are involved. I'm sorry her "dream gym" didn't work out. Usually if you tell them you are commuting they put you on a team that fits your time schedule.
That drive home though...if you're 2 1/2 hours away ya'll won't be getting home until almost midnight.:defeated:

I probably would have went for the OCPE to avoid getting home late but my kid is a sleeper.

Your heart and your body will give you two different answers to that question :p

But which one to listen to...

051b1772ca3f0c60807630847859270d5b9cf3-wm.jpg

(couldn't resist an Xtina quote)

I'm pretty sure we've all figured out what gyms are involved. I'm sorry her "dream gym" didn't work out. Usually if you tell them you are commuting they put you on a team that fits your time schedule.
That drive home though...if you're 2 1/2 hours away ya'll won't be getting home until almost midnight.:defeated:

I probably would have went for the OCPE to avoid getting home late but my kid is a sleeper.
. When some people on the board are detectives and you're just sitting there like :confused:

We started the 1 hr 4o min commute and truthfully while it is not bad at the time, the next day I usually feel like I have been hit by a bus. CP is on a Senior 3 and Senior 4 team, and the type of kid who does not want to miss anything, so we are up there three days a week. Thankfully I am a teacher, so summer vacay will be here next week. I am toying around with going down to a half time contract next year. This is not only to help with the drive, but also to support my husband's business as well.

We started the 1 hr 4o min commute and truthfully while it is not bad at the time, the next day I usually feel like I have been hit by a bus. CP is on a Senior 3 and Senior 4 team, and the type of kid who does not want to miss anything, so we are up there three days a week. Thankfully I am a teacher, so summer vacay will be here next week. I am toying around with going down to a half time contract next year. This is not only to help with the drive, but also to support my husband's business as well.

The more you make the trip the better your body will adjust so the next day won't wood you out. Driving can be very physically and mentally exhausting.

The more you make the trip the better your body will adjust so the next day won't wood you out. Driving can be very physically and mentally exhausting.

I hope so, but when I had to make the trip two days in a row the past week, it was rough. It did not help that she needed yarn for a school project, so off we went to Walmart an hour and a half away at 9:30 pm.

**Disclaimer-I should have gotten the yarn while she was practicing, but once I sat on the couch at the cheer gym, I was unable to get up.

Back