All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@quitthedrama @SL&AM

i was specifically referring to a girl on Senior Elite, i hate mentioning athletes names because its not of high importance of who it is. But she was definitely on SE. Her quote in general was something along the lines of "going to miss the 4 hour drives" and i couldnt figure out if it was round trip 4 hours or each way.
ill give her kudos on making that drive for how ever many days a week, i could not do it at that age and with going to school at the same time. Curiosity gets the best of me and id be curious to know how far of a drive she was making to the other NC gym before.

Close to 2 1/2 one way.

@quitthedrama @SL&AM

i was specifically referring to a girl on Senior Elite, i hate mentioning athletes names because its not of high importance of who it is. But she was definitely on SE. Her quote in general was something along the lines of "going to miss the 4 hour drives" and i couldnt figure out if it was round trip 4 hours or each way.
ill give her kudos on making that drive for how ever many days a week, i could not do it at that age and with going to school at the same time. Curiosity gets the best of me and id be curious to know how far of a drive she was making to the other NC gym before.
This was the athlete that came to mind, but I know there are several who commute a very long way, so between that fact and since I'm not part of the gym and I don't know the athletes personally I didn't feel it was my place to elaborate any further.

How exactly am I supposed to pass the time for the next 3 days until we hear from our new (or same) coach. Suggestions? These two weeks without practice are getting to me. Way too much free time.

How exactly am I supposed to pass the time for the next 3 days until we hear from our new (or same) coach. Suggestions? These two weeks without practice are getting to me. Way too much free time.

Sit on the couch and eat chocolate frosting out of the container. Kidding.

During the time that you would have had practice, you could do your own exercises at your local gym- 2 min 30 second intervals on the treadmill, jumping rope, lifting weights etc. Or, you could try to find some open gyms in your area. Or you could just let your body rest up and spend time with friends and family!

Edit- Just saw that you're a parent- Switch the chocolate frosting to a bottle of wine and forget the exercise. Let your kid stress about practices.

Sit on the couch and eat chocolate frosting out of the container. Kidding.

During the time that you would have had practice, you could do your own exercises at your local gym- 2 min 30 second intervals on the treadmill, jumping rope, lifting weights etc. Or, you could try to find some open gyms in your area. Or you could just let your body rest up and spend time with friends and family!

Edit- Just saw that you're a parent- Switch the chocolate frosting to a bottle of wine and forget the exercise. Let your kid stress about practices.
Sold. My obsessive compulsive need to fill out my calendar for the next few months is getting the best of me.

I actually considered this as well. During tryouts she did all level 5 skills (with the exception of a standing full), so I feel confident that she will make a level 4 team. Which is what she wants...she doesn't want to skip any levels. I don't care if it is youth, junior or senior...she is age eligible for any of them. We made a compromise with her and her coaches at the original gym that if she made a level 4 team she could go to mega gym, if she made a level 3 she would stay at current gym. She feels confident that tryouts went well. Now it is just a waiting game until the 19th.

Please come back and let us know what she made!

Don't know what to do with myself. For the first time in 8 years CP cannot try out anywhere due to the AF deciding we MUST move in Jan. She's going to take tumbling classes etc. but she's at a loss. She was all can I join a team when I get there?? I said. We won't even know where for a couple of weeks boo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@2cheer1here, I Am sorry. That must be frustrating! Have you talked to the owners about it yet? Maybe cp could train as an alternate and fill in as needed until then. That way she could learn some new skills and keep up to date on tumbling

Well I'm up to about a 5% chance of cheering again haha. I tried out somewhere, but I'm about 95% sure I'm not making it since my body hates tumbling now lol.

Don't know what to do with myself. For the first time in 8 years CP cannot try out anywhere due to the AF deciding we MUST move in Jan. She's going to take tumbling classes etc. but she's at a loss. She was all can I join a team when I get there?? I said. We won't even know where for a couple of weeks boo...

We're AF too, and you might be able to find a gym that allows late adds to teams. Feel free to shoot me a message with where you think you might be going (or wait until you know for sure) - I will try to help you find a new gym home. If you happen to end up anywhere near DC, I can guarantee you'll find a new gym home [emoji6]

I certainly will!!
I cannot believe, I gave my daughter the okay to retire from this sport and now, I am completely invested in reading about other athletes achievements...
Tbh,
I already told my daughter to promise to attend some local competitions and cheer for her friends, so we are still invested for now...

Good luck everyone, you All have a fan in me!

Military life can be so tough! Maybe a half year team in your new locale?

How long does everyone here have to wait for their tryout results? CP's gym used to email team placements late Sunday the same weekend of tryouts, but now they are not revealing placements for about a week.

Back