All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How long does everyone here have to wait for their tryout results? CP's gym used to email team placements late Sunday the same weekend of tryouts, but now they are not revealing placements for about a week.

In the past, we've always found out pretty quickly---within a few days of the try out clinic. This year, CP's gym is doing the summer work out groups and we won't know until July.

How long does everyone here have to wait for their tryout results? CP's gym used to email team placements late Sunday the same weekend of tryouts, but now they are not revealing placements for about a week.

Our gym had evals Mon (sen), Tues (Jrs), Wed (youth and mini) and everyone finds out this Sunday. So it is 4-6 days of waiting.

About a week. This year is different because they have 2 sets of tryouts so we have to wait longer.

Gym here had tryout results within an hour of tryouts finishing #smallgym

Tryouts at the gym we're moving to were Sat/Sun evening and placements were emailed Wednesday. #slightlylargersmallgym

Our gym had individual evaluations last week then they have 3 weeks of leveled practices. You're placed in a leveled practice based on your true tumbling level after your individual evaluation. Your leveled practice can change or they can ask you to come to additional ones after each week is complete. Team reveals are beginning of June.

Ex: my CP tried out for level 2 on 5/7 and was invited back to the leveled practices for J2 & S2 which were this past Wednesday. This weekend they'll let us know if we should attend the same ones, different ones or additional ones.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Our tryouts were Tuesday-Thursday depending on location with level 5 call backs today. Teahs will be posted by 8pm tomorrow

CP had flyer tryouts on the 5th, and two days of regular tryouts on the 7th/8th. Callbacks on the 19th...but saw a post they will be sometime between the 16th and 19th!!! It is pure torture having to wait so long!! Praying we get the call on the 16th rather than the 19th. Lol

17 beginning of season, 18 once competition season starts.
I've never commented before about this but just from your former posts I get the impression we used to live in the same town or a town right by. I'm 22 now but when I was 17 I had to drive about an hour south after school to get to doctors appointments twice weekly because I have a chronic illness that needs continuous treatment. I hated doing the drive and would of had my mom do it but she had to work. The time I spent in the car made it difficult to be able to balance everything since on the way back home I could be spending up to 2 hours driving with traffic. I also worked and danced the amount of time I spent up doing homework made things really tough. I would consider being an inexperienced driver so accidents are more suspectible as well as senior year course load. I don't know how long the drive would be but if your taking classes like AP Calculus, Physics, AP English or College Writing, AP Psych or AP Goverment your going to have a lot of homework. Also another thing to consider is what time practice is at and how long it would take to get there my doctors appointments were at 3:30 and school got out at 2:30 and because of the parking lot which was really hard to get out of I always had to leave class 10 minutes early to beat the rush. Thankfully I knew the administrators as they knew my health situation and they were ok with me leaving 10 minutes early and handled it with the instructor who wasn't as understanding. These are just some things to consider traffic just isn't very fun up north especially if your driving through the city or I-405.

Our athletes were evaluated and will practice through summer in level appropriate classes. We will host a second set of evaluations in August for final team placements. This allows those who are in the midst of a summer PCS to get settled.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the big gym trend of doing workout groups for a month before team announcement is no longer? Seems like they have all gone back to announcing teams within a week.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the big gym trend of doing workout groups for a month before team announcement is no longer? Seems like they have all gone back to announcing teams within a week.

Maybe those programs currently have very little turnover or shiny new toys and they already know how all the kids work together

Personally I like the idea of work groups because skill alone doesn't make a great team, cohesiveness of the ability to work together does

I like the idea of having summer workout groups and then team announcements sometime in late July early August. I think it give athletes a little time over the summer to work on skills they really didn't have the opportunity to work on due to the competition season. Some teams compete through the month of May and then tryouts are usually held in May. Plus working in groups also allow coaches to see the ability of athletes to work together on stunts. But I also understand how most gyms want to immediate begin practice and start to work on stunts and routines so they are ready to compete as early as October/November. I guess both ways have advantages/disadvantages.

Back