OT Twinkle Vanwinkle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was teaching an A-Level music class a few years ago and one of their areas of study included a composer called Johann Fux. I'm sure you can imagine how that went down with a class of 17 y/o's and Miss saying Fux all the time!!! We decided to shorten it to J-F so that we could actually get through a lesson ;)

My grandparents last name was "Fuch" when they came to the US from Germany. Some dim-wit at Ellis Island or whatever decided it should be changed, to avoid any inappropriate comments, so the guy suggested "Fork." So, my mom's maiden name is Fork. Better, right?
But at least my gramma had sense of humor enough to name the dogs "Pickle" and "Shrimp."

My grandparents last name was "Fuch" when they came to the US from Germany. Some dim-wit at Ellis Island or whatever decided it should be changed, to avoid any inappropriate comments, so the guy suggested "Fork." So, my mom's maiden name is Fork. Better, right?
But at least my gramma had sense of humor enough to name the dogs "Pickle" and "Shrimp."
lol that has to be the funniest thing i have heard all morning

The orthopedic surgeon/doc cp sees is named Dr. Cutter. And I actually just realized how appopriate that is.
This just reminded me of another one. We had a theology professor in college named John Christ (pronounced with a short i sound). It always made me laugh though walking through that department and seeing a door labeled J. Christ.

One of my close friends (in high school) last name was Glascock. One of our teachers refused to say it correctly. She always pronounced it "Glasc-o" -__-

A girl on my school cheer team is called Sukman Wong.. beats them all.
We also have a family at school called the Ho's.. James and Chloe Ho.

Unacceptable. Couldn't he have picked a different specialty??

Can you imagine being the poor people in the phone hub telling the new patients that their appointment was with Dr.Butt? They could have at least thrown an "e" on the end, and pronounced it like Butte, MT....

i just remembered this i had a friend in elementary school whos name was amanda boyle(boil) so on her report card the name was boyle amanda so we use to run around the school making fun of her all the time

Back