All-Star Voiceover Usage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just out of general interest, do the mixers ever pay royalties to the original artists and v/o talent?

I dont think so but since I know how you feel about voiceovers how about signature stunts?

I dont think so but since I know how you feel about voiceovers how about signature stunts?
I have wondered why nobody performed Maddie's 360 Ball up tick tock. I've seen alot of girls on youtube do it.
It would be technically "stealing" there signature stunt, but I don't think Courtney and Cheer Extreme could do anything legal wise about it.... Its not like its patented.

I have wondered why nobody performed Maddie's 360 Ball up tick tock. I've seen alot of girls on youtube do it.
It would be technically "stealing" there signature stunt, but I don't think Courtney and Cheer Extreme could do anything legal wise about it.... Its not like its patented.
I agree and also I think everyone just respects that thats Maddie's stunt and dont want to be branded a copy cat.

I respect the idea of not using someone else's music, but if anyone thinks a stunt "belongs" to them and can't be copied ever in the future, they need to get over themselves. We wouldn't be doing much of anything at all if no one ever used a stunt, basket, tumbling pass, etc that had been debuted by one talented individual at some point. I will say that I can understand it getting under someone's skin if they competed something outrageously creative and unique early in the season and saw someone else (especially a competitor) do the same thing later that same season. But the reality of it is that a lot of the skills that you see in almost everyone's routine now (kick doubles, etc) started off with one person or team performing them.

I respect the idea of not using someone else's music, but if anyone thinks a stunt "belongs" to them and can't be copied ever in the future, they need to get over themselves. We wouldn't be doing much of anything at all if no one ever used a stunt, basket, tumbling pass, etc that had been debuted by one talented individual at some point. I will say that I can understand it getting under someone's skin if they competed something outrageously creative and unique early in the season and saw someone else (especially a competitor) do the same thing later that same season. But the reality of it is that a lot of the skills that you see in almost everyone's routine now (kick doubles, etc) started off with one person or team performing them.
I agree with you but I talking more specifics like Maddies ball up 360 tick tock or I just watched a high school team do Brandon's Senior Black stunt sequence

okay i may be wrong but:
1. did they copy panthers opening voiceover?
2. did they copy stingrays smoke '10 pyramid song? omg no!!

am i right??
I heard panthers, wildcats (I guess that's team's mascot, the 'you-just-got-scratched' part is from wildcats, plus the ending v/0), I thought I heard CEA CE, it depends on their cut of 'Fighter' but Stars used it in a pyramid in '09? I think?

I mean, certain mixers and v/o people have DISTINCTIVE voices..I'll recognize most CA music by the girl/guy they have alone. I don't think that's cool to take..it was created FOR a team. Songs are meant for the world, v/os are meant for a certain team..

TIME OUT. "Don't get it twisted" is not something that Maryland Twisters invented. It has been a saying before they used it.

Same thing with "Hey Girl Hey" That has been around for a few years. Starlites just happened to use it in their music. If someone else used it, it wouldn't be stealing it.
Also, in Cheer Extreme Coed Unlimited's music last year, the voice over "Don't Get it Twisted!" is exactly the same as F5's. So I think that phrase is up for anyone to use. Speaking of this, does anyone know why the two teams have the exact same voice over... both for their standing fulls?

Also, in Cheer Extreme Coed Unlimited's music last year, the voice over "Don't Get it Twisted!" is exactly the same as F5's. So I think that phrase is up for anyone to use. Speaking of this, does anyone know why the two teams have the exact same voice over... both for their standing fulls?
CEA had don't get it twisted in their routine because they had a guy on the team that nickname was twist and when it said don't get it twisted he originally did a double double i believe. It was the person who made their musics little shout out to the guy. Courtney explained it in the CEA question forum.

I heard panthers, wildcats (I guess that's team's mascot, the 'you-just-got-scratched' part is from wildcats, plus the ending v/0), I thought I heard CEA CE, it depends on their cut of 'Fighter' but Stars used it in a pyramid in '09? I think?

I mean, certain mixers and v/o people have DISTINCTIVE voices..I'll recognize most CA music by the girl/guy they have alone. I don't think that's cool to take..it was created FOR a team. Songs are meant for the world, v/os are meant for a certain team..
the one thing that REALLY bothers me is how they took smoke's pyramid song, that gives me life, the dings are like exactly the same it seems like
:(

Back