All-Star What's Gonna Happen To Ticktocks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 7, 2010
Three years ago you barely ever saw a ticktock or switchup, and if you did it was the most amazing thing in the whole cheer world. Now practically every team has them- you even see mini teams doing expressups to thighstand.

Ticktocks and switchups are barely even interesting anymore, they're pretty much a staple in a routine just like a double down on level four or triple tow back on level five- if it's not in your routine you can't even be competitive.

I know they took ticktocks out of the list of level 4 skills, but still what do you think will happen? Will level 5 teams still do ticktocks next season, or will they be completely washed out by then?

I think the tick tock is here to stay...For at least the forseeable future. If even some teams do them then everyone has to do them to remain competitive. We may need a new tick tock rule in the future..lol! Cause I've seen some lower level teams that were just plain scary doing them! It should be called the "susie" rule!

I think tick tocks will be here for awhile longer...now it's starting to become let's see how many tick tocks we can fit into one stunt sequence! :D I love them besides the fact that I almost have a heart attack during them..I literally stop breathing! They are one of those "hit or miss" stunts..if the foot is caught it's solid, if not-we may have some problems. I also agree that they are pretty much a necessity now in order to be considered competitive in the division. I am not sure about judging on them, but I am pretty sure they take into consideration the difficulty of body positions executed during the tick tocks ie. a lib to stretch versus stretch to scorpion.

I think until everyone starts doing them and hitting them clean (when I see some teams press down in libs before tock-ing, I'm so nervous they're gonna topple over!) they're going to be around for a while..it's like fulls: just cause someone doesn't snap their neck and happens to make it all the way around with legs everywhere and awful form, does NOT mean they have a full. Just because you switch your feet in a stunt and don't come crashing down doesn't mean you can tic-tock.

Just like a double after a stretch has been basic in level 5, ticktocks will be a necessity in all routines to compete on the elite level. Someone will come up with a new, innovative stunt and soon that will be all the rage.

I think it will become a necessity for an elite stunt sequence. The teams that have the tic toks in the bag will add more things to it. Like, when they press the flyer back up from a prep position, the flyer will do a 180 turn or even a 360 before the base catches the other foot. Just a thought. Innovative coaches will find ways to make those ticktocks more difficult and flashy.

I think it will become a necessity for an elite stunt sequence. The teams that have the tic toks in the bag will add more things to it. Like, when they press the flyer back up from a prep position, the flyer will do a 180 turn or even a 360 before the base catches the other foot. Just a thought. Innovative coaches will find ways to make those ticktocks more difficult and flashy.
Isn't that what Maddie Gardner is working on for Worlds...? :)

I think there is a lot left towork on concerning TickTocks... there are like 10000 Ways of tick-tocking and one of the future goals could for example be to make the whole team do the same difficult ticktock stunt, not just 3 groups out of 9 :)I'd love to see creative and difficult TickTock Stunts and i do believe there is still some room for creativity left :)

Agree with pretty much everyone on here. They'll stay and creativity/difficulty will be added. Cant wait to watch how the tic toc evolves..

@emmbabug95 is your expressup to thighstand referring to Kenley Pope? Love watching her do that... can only imagine where she'll be in a few years!

Three years ago you barely ever saw a ticktock or switchup, and if you did it was the most amazing thing in the whole cheer world. Now practically every team has them- you even see mini teams doing expressups to thighstand.

Ticktocks and switchups are barely even interesting anymore, they're pretty much a staple in a routine just like a double down on level four or triple tow back on level five- if it's not in your routine you can't even be competitive.

I know they took ticktocks out of the list of level 4 skills, but still what do you think will happen? Will level 5 teams still do ticktocks next season, or will they be completely washed out by then?

No, a TRUE tick tock is Level 4

lol....well you kinda would expect that from the queen of ticktock's daughter ;)

I think soon, specialty to tick tocks are going to be necessary to max out the scoresheet. (Ball up stretch, tick tock, switch up to tick tock, etc)

Back