All-Star What's Gonna Happen To Ticktocks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Three years ago you barely ever saw a ticktock or switchup, and if you did it was the most amazing thing in the whole cheer world. Now practically every team has them- you even see mini teams doing expressups to thighstand.

Ticktocks and switchups are barely even interesting anymore, they're pretty much a staple in a routine just like a double down on level four or triple tow back on level five- if it's not in your routine you can't even be competitive.

I know they took ticktocks out of the list of level 4 skills, but still what do you think will happen? Will level 5 teams still do ticktocks next season, or will they be completely washed out by then?

Tick tocks will be replaced with double ups and/or free turing-release tick tocks (ext stretch, arm shrug, full turning to other leg body position) ... this never leaving the ext position.
This, or they will have full front of back rewinds to extension (for all girl). I would like to see a full rewind on an all girl squad!! that would be exciting!

I mean for next year, a lot of coaches have been saying that ticktocks (at least real ones) will be illegal on level 4. Is this incorrect?

There's nothing I've seen to suggest that. As far as I know, the only modification to level 4 stunts for next season that has even been suggested is the fullup to two feet instead of one, and I believe that is going through

There's nothing I've seen to suggest that. As far as I know, the only modification to level 4 stunts for next season that has even been suggested is the fullup to two feet instead of one, and I believe that is going through
Yup, I heard about that too, from the same coaches haha

Back