Who Else Finds It Annoying That We Have To Post 3x And Wait Three Days Before Posting Elsewhere?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought I fixed the facebook address in my signature I just tried to re-type it to see if it would be fixed. What is the problem ending a sentence using with? The sentence I wrote is grammatically correct.

Should be "with which I am affiliated."

But mainly I was just picking on your to help get your fierce challenges started.

cool.png

I'm still annoyed by having to post 3 times. Who do we complain to?

There is no one for you to argue this point with (two sentences ending in "with" now--woohoo)

I'll listen if you want and pass on your concerns to Fierce Girl (from the banner)

There is no one for you to argue this point with (two sentences ending in "with" now--woohoo)

I'll listen if you want and pass on your concerns to Fierce Girl (from the banner)

I just don't understand! Why can't we edit our posts? Why can't I just post what I want? Why can't I cuss? I am 30 for **** sake! I can do what I want!

You're acting like a baby (cute avatar). PM for any sympathy and bring your dirty diapers there.

You're acting like a baby (cute avatar). PM for any sympathy and bring your dirty diapers there.

I don't know who the baby is. The picture came with my wallet.

I don't know who the baby is. The picture came with my wallet.

I figured you stole it from somone's facebook. That would be a huge foul (especially with kid pics)

i completely turned off signatures for guests and myself. i dont even see them anymore to monitor them. honestly i would tell everyone else to do the same. they are annoying.

If you set the template for the signature to be something like:

Code:
<div style="height:150px;overflow:none;">{sig stuff here}</div>

Then you can set a max height for the signatures and anything more than that will be hidden, that's what I've done in the past on message boards.

If you set the template for the signature to be something like:

Code:
<div style="height:150px;overflow:none;">{sig stuff here}</div>

Then you can set a max height for the signatures and anything more than that will be hidden, that's what I've done in the past on message boards.

The only reason I haven't is there is supposed to be a mod coming out that if your signature is over a certain height it will display a message instead of your signature.

And, frankly, the board is way better without signatures. Turn them all and youll see. Pages load faster, things look better...

I thought I fixed the facebook address in my signature I just tried to re-type it to see if it would be fixed. What is the problem ending a sentence using with? The sentence I wrote is grammatically correct.

When Ending a Sentence With a Preposition is Allowed

If a sentence would not make sense without a preposition at the end, leave the preposition attached to the end of the sentence. The following sentence doesn't make sense without the preposition: What table did you eat on? If you remove the preposition "on," the sentence loses its meaning, so in a situation like this one, it is acceptable to leave the preposition at the end of the sentence. Some of you grammar experts might be arguing with this point, begging to rephrase the question as "On what table did you eat?" While this is technically correct, modern language practices (both oral and written) have moved toward the more natural flow of "What table did you eat on?"

When Ending a Sentence With a Preposition is Not Allowed

Any time a sentence can still make sense with the preposition removed, the preposition should be left off. The following sentence still makes sense without the preposition: "Where will she be meeting you at?" The sentence retains its meaning without the word "at," so the word should be removed from the end of the sentence. "Where will she be meeting you?" sounds better aloud and looks better on paper.

Grammar Police at Your Service!
Grammar-Police.png

OK so I am a "newbie" I guess! And totally clueless. I did find some interesting topics that I'd like to comment on but I guess I have to get my feet wet first? So how many of these do I have to post or how long do I have to wait?

This is major annoying. I just want to find out if a pyramid is legal... I compete in a couple weeks. like really?!

There are lots of avenues for you to get your answer, really.

You can post a thread in newbies (preferably with video) and maybe you'll get an answer. You can contact Les Stella.

And it's not our fault you waited until a couple of weeks before your competition to try and find out if your pyramid is legal.

Back