All-Star Worlds 2014 - Day 1 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm seeing a lot of tumbling that looks like it was 'watered down', aka where it probably SHOULD be. I wonder if the fear of getting hit hard for incomplete tumbling has teams a bit more realistic about what they can and can't do.

Now, if only we had harder technique deductions for really ugly fulls, we might be in business.

Top notch queens, that is a VERY green uniform

edit - or is it gold? I cant tell
Yes maam. Nope, pretty sure it's green. Shiny, metallic, curve-clutching green.

ETA: Coaches, I appreciate the theory that you should always end your pass confidently, even if you messed up. That doesn't mean pose like you're Angel Rice if your full was so balled up I couldn't see your face.

I can't find the words for those uniforms...or that dance

But why is it a thing (because it wasn't just them) for choreo to include turning your back to the audience (or sometimes turning to the side) popping a squat, bending over, putting your hands on your knees and thrusting your butt.

Who told them that looks good

A few observations after day 1 (even though it's not over yet):

- some coaches need to listen less to Susie's mom
- we need to find a way to punish bad tumbling technique a lot more than it is currently done
- the same goes for stunt falls
- coaches: please make sure your athletes know the basics before you put them on a worlds team - there were too many level 1-4 skills not done properly today
- I'm really glad there are fewer at-large bids next year

Back