All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interestingly enough I saw many athletes from gyms that don't stay at allstar there drinking and partying on Monday night.
It's interesting that this happens to me. And I won't say I'm not involved, I just find it interesting that a Monday night, when more than just cheerleaders are there, there is no effort to stop everyone from partying, in and out of their rooms. In fact, there is even security walking/standing around allowing it to happen, knowing fully that most are under 21. I enjoyed myself, but it surprises me that it happens.

You were at all star Monday night?!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I saw the scores in semis, there was no tie. This is still a mystery :rolleyes:. As is what "technical difficulties" made KC Cheer compete again in finals.

@Jennie and @MyNameIsConnorC though not officially confirmed, i was told it was because Rockstar Beatles' redo score wasn't put into the list of top ten prior to them letting the teams know they made finals.. and then they had to add beatles back in making it 11. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

how come some of the performances are not posted to the VOD yet? lady lighting's prelims was there on saturday night, but now its gone. =(

Copying @MyNameIsConnorC 's question because I didn't see it answered :
Was it ever clarified why there were 11 teams in small coed finals? Was there a tie in semi finals?
I thought it was because they made the announcement of who made finals before a team that re-competed score's had been tallied. That second team was then in like 6th place and rather than being like oh, jk you didn't make finals to the 11th team, they just let them stay?

Interestingly enough I saw many athletes from gyms that don't stay at allstar there drinking and partying on Monday night.
It's interesting that this happens to me. And I won't say I'm not involved, I just find it interesting that a Monday night, when more than just cheerleaders are there, there is no effort to stop everyone from partying, in and out of their rooms. In fact, there is even security walking/standing around allowing it to happen, knowing fully that most are under 21. I enjoyed myself, but it surprises me that it happens.

Every year and the coaches are done and gone doing their own thing......well some

And USASF won't change anything because no matter what tons of teams go., if gyms stopped going they might listen to us......pro for them, con for us

There's probably less involvement to stop it on Monday night since nobody has to compete the next day.

Someone posted on the updates thread from KC Cheer before finals, maybe they could clarify. I'm not sure what their username is to tag them.

I'm thinking you did.

I don't think any of us work any harder than anyone else. The tealtour has me looking for a new job this year and I make decent money. I think we all bust our a$$ to provide this opportunity for our kids. I go without myself. Having two compete at this level is brutal (ridiculously so) on the bank account.

But there is no excuse for people to completely lose their minds over other people. I don't care if it's a cheerleader, a singer, a pro football player. When you are screaming like a beiber fan, crying about to wet yourself because you're in the same building with (and can see) a "cheerlebrity" from 200 yards away...that's not normal. Frankly I don't think it's normal at a rock concert either. Screaming to songs you like, responding when they engage the crowd is one thing. Totally losing your mind and becoming a blubbering mass of snot and tears is ridiculous. Get a hold of yourself. I'm not sure there's any person on the planet that is deserving of that kind of insane adoration. Were all just people. These kids happen to have a particular skill set that makes them stand out on their teams. That's awesome for them. But it doesn't give a license for people to be ride, discourteous, entitled or downright hysterical over it.

the entitled attitude some parents and kids have because they've followed a kid on IG long enough to feel they know them is also not grounds to demand they stop whatever they're doing at whatever time because that parent/child has deemed they're "entitled" to a photo op at that exact moment. That's not acceptable. I saw a number of kids all but mugged for a picture with no regard for what they were doing or who they were with. Parents need to teach their kids some manners and common courtesy. Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to be a fan of these kids and admire what they do. It's not acceptable to fail to use common courtesy and manners when interacting with a perfect stranger.

Because the bottom line is they're just kids...like your kid...my kid...the kid that plays baseball next door. Outside of that, they're just people. My point in saying "it's just cheerleading" is to say people need to keep a perspective on these things and keep it in balance. Nothing more. I have an unknown kid on a popular team and an unknown kid on an unknown team so none of this applies to me or them outside of it being an opportunity to teach my kids how to treat people since (at least he) sees a fair amount of unbalanced, poor perspective type people chasing around his teammates like they're the second coming.

That sort of behavior is the "ugly." It's unnecessary.

Thank you for correcting me. I do agree with the ridiculousness/obsession with cheerlebs. These are children. But, in another light, a lot of these kids have agents and contracts earning them money on the side, and if you're gonna go out and be all VIP/Hollywood/ capitalize on your status in the cheer world, then you have to be prepared for the fans also. I do feel bad for the fact that these kids are being harassed by their peers- and the parents? Don't get me started. I took CP to world send-off last week, and she was identifying specific cheerleaders by name. And I would ask her which team they cheered on. I explained to her that a lot of people think they are famous, but really, they're just good cheerleaders. We watched practice. It looks just like her practice, just bigger kids and higher skill level. Trying to teach her boundaries, and personal space (reinforcing due to cheer) thanks for clarifying again!!

Good: the BAB who based Panthers point stunt group with ONE ARM!

tumblr_n4vezyaXF31r5cexzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n4vn3n09AP1rr2pv3o1_1280.jpg

As far as the drinking at the all star, yes it happened. It will continue to happen as long as there are teams from the International division staying there, and since they are of legal age, it makes it a lot harder to monitor who is allowed to drink and who isn't. It is the parent's responsibility to raise their kids and the gym owner's responsibility and choice to discipline an athlete who is behaving inappropriately. Does that mean I am a bad parent because my 12 year old is on a Worlds team? You have a right to your opinion, but I am in full disagreement.

Please don't generally blame international teams. Most everyone on my team who is legal in Canada (19 here) didn't drink at the resort cos they aren't legal there. In fact, I can't think of anyone on my team who was drunk (though I didn't hang out with everyone). Yes, some people had a couple of beers or some wine, but it definitely wasn't over the top. Most of my legal in Canada/not legal in the US didn't really care if they drank or not.

Worlds good - We had a great run and I'm super happy with how we did
IO5 - Whoop to Great Whites!! What an amazing run, and congrats to Flyers and VAS too

Bad - Lineups again?? And people with tickets getting turned away. Boo to the venue space
Cheering on other teams in jostens and being kicked outside to re-enter. Some of my teammates didn't realize this happened and didn't have their lanyard (in their bags at the chairs with coaches) on their person.

Ugly - Judging/scoring. As someone else commented, yes, I thought scores were biased based on who some teams were. And I found some teams got higher scores based on previous years reputation, and many international teams were scored more easily to get more variety in countries into the top 10/top 3 in the international divisions.
The music on my teams run on VOD doesn't exactly match up with the routine. The music is about a split second behind. :(

Please don't generally blame international teams. Most everyone on my team who is legal in Canada (19 here) didn't drink at the resort cos they aren't legal there. In fact, I can't think of anyone on my team who was drunk (though I didn't hang out with everyone). Yes, some people had a couple of beers or some wine, but it definitely wasn't over the top. Most of my legal in Canada/not legal in the US didn't really care if they drank or not.
I think they meant all international level teams, including USA ones too, under the premise that all of those teams would have athletes that were of legal drinking age in America (21), and thus if those people (from any team) were drinking, it would be easier for underage athletes to have access to it.

Back