All-Star Worlds Updates Day 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It wont do anything because it is locked to a session ( you wont be able to click it and watch). They probably need to expand how many nodes and servers they are using.

Probably. But why? Why would they continue to have these kinds of issues?

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

maybe its the UCA cheerleader in me speaking, but I have to disagree. to me, a team that is all over the place makes them look like a hot mess, not a team with flare. orange was the only team that gave me chills. and its because they truthfully performed because they executed. we all sit here and talk about those teams that shouldn't even be at worlds because they aren't as "good" ie don't have as many skills, but to me, if you cant make your routine clean, you have no business being there.

THIS. Exactly how I feel. None of the other teams really performed with their usual flair today, and Orange was like a breath of fresh air. And I haven't been a big fan of Orange this year until now. I'm a die hard Panthers fan but they just didn't do anything for me today. I've been loving Stars this year too and they didn't wow me either. They all go later tomorrow so I think it'll be a more interesting show ..

Just watched LAG:
Orange: crushed it so hard. Just amazing.
Panthers: love the girl that tumbles across the front during the first stunt sequence. Does she ever stop?
SE: Love the ball up 360s. Do not love that dance.
Star: Not nearly as clean as Orange but still amazing. As much as it pains me to say it, I see why they are in second.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've always found most large senior routines to be sloppy, especially in comparison with smaller teams. This is to be expected seeing as how there are more people on the floor and harder to keep things in synch but I just feel like it's getting out of control lately.

SE always has SO much in their routine that I feel like I have an anxiety attack trying to watch everything. I've watched their routine like five times trying to see everything that happens and that bothers me. I almost feel like that's a way to cover up sloppiness/execution problems because with so much going on it's more likely that small mistakes will not be noticed.

The debate with Orange has always been that they are "dry." It's kind of like the new/old school battle in Bring It On: In It To Win It. Both styles are great and have won titles, but they're just so different that you generally like one or the other. However, in this case I almost have to say that their seven world championships shows the difference. No other team has that many titles or even close to it. They are by far the most consistently top scoring and placing team. You can't even begin to debate that.

WCSS, I liked. Didn't love, but it was enjoyable. Hoping they bring it tomorrow and hit like they did day 2 last year because that I loved.

Panthers, always good, always slightly sloppy. There's just not the flair to this year's routine like there was last year that I loved. And of course props to the injured girls going out and performing. Quick question off that, though. Is it not illegal to perform with a cast on? I know when I broke my arm a few years back and had a cast I was not allowed to compete with a cast on because it was a safety concern.

Where is that drooling and head spinning emoji? So over my head.

They film the division then send it out to many servers to serve to your computer/phone/roku.

I bet mobile is better than computers because there are less people testing the mobile stream. That is JUST a guess though.

Yes I understand. Like I said, they care about winning more than being a favorite.

Which is fine and that's what they should focus on.

However you can't deny that the flair that WCSS/SE/Panthers have also allows for them to win as well.

They film the division then send it out to many servers to serve to your computer/phone/roku.

I bet mobile is better than computers because there are less people testing the mobile stream. That is JUST a guess though.

I'm on my iPad and I've been having the same issues others have, freezing and such. Also I've noticed that the video quality changes. Sometimes it looks very potato-ish

Probably. But why? Why would they continue to have these kinds of issues?

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

Now we are speculating. But a certain amount of connections requires a certain amount of infrastructure. How much of that infrastructure they are willing to pay for I guess?

So they are filming it AT the location and uploading it. Because I have gotten an HD view on my computer for 5 minutes I assume everything on location is correct. Their bandwidth on site is good and it is uploading well.

So that leaves two possibilities. The CDN network or the users machines.

I will start with the users. I am very confident what I have at my house is just fine. I have streamed so many things (even for testing when we were looking at doing streaming for different events) and my personal connection is fine. So at least for my I know I am ok.

That means the CDN is the probable cause. I think they need to upgrade it. Perhaps it becomes cost prohibitive at a higher quality and level, but I would rather pay $10 more per stream for solid HD than it be a little cheaper.

Not necessarily. It was just too technical for me they looked like robots, there was nothing that excited me about the routine. There should be a happy middle ground between execution and performance.
but there is not and if there ever becomes a day when there is, then you will probably see orange with some flare. Roger knows what it takes to win, they couldn't care less about "pleasing fans"

Back