All-Star Yikes Gym Is Changing To Curls!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i use the orange/pink ones - i think those are wide. i wanted to try the narrow ones but i have so much $ tied up in the others. SheCheers can you post a pic of what your cp's hair looks like with the narrow ones?

Curlformers. Curlformers. Curlformers. KikiD22 If these aren't perfect curls (Kiki's cp is on the right) I don't know what is.

b69b3d.jpg

i swear, every time i am doing cp's hair i am thinking about KikiD22 cp's hair and am trying to acheive that. this weekend i think i finally got close!

I use the short blue and green (the narrower ones) on my little one (she has a bob haircut and her hair is baby fine) and the long orange and pink ones on my older cp. I get the same results from both, just the smaller ones are more proportionate to my little ones small head. :p I have a pic of them in my older one's hair, but I swear she will run away from home if I post it.

I don't know that I necessarily get better results from the Curlformers - I think I get the same results. It just saves me about 2-3 hours of hair for 2 cp's on comp day. We wake up with hair ready to go. I can't say enough how much I love them - I will NEVER use a wand or rollers again.

As for what mybabywantstotumble said about making them perfect, I totally agree. You don't have to worry about it. I just grab a random section, brush it through once spray it with spray gel and pull it through the curlformer. I alternate the colors all over their heads, but some people like to use the bigger ones on bottom and the tighter ones on the top of the head. I do put the hair up before I use them (either half up, half down or in the ponytail) and then use them in that. I wish I had a picture of the results but I don't.

I use the blue/green curlformers for my cp's hair too and love them! We still do a pony with curls so I put it up in the pony and then put the curlers in. We usually have a few hours to drive to our comps so I put them in before we leave the house and they are good by the time we get there. I just pull them out and spray a little more.

She has also slept in them for 2 day comps and they don't seem to bother her. I've done her whole head for the half up look and they came out great too.

some people like to use the bigger ones on bottom and the tighter ones on the top of the head. I do put the hair up before I use them (either half up, half down or in the ponytail) and then use them in that. I wish I had a picture of the results but I don't.

hmmm....i never thought about that. maybe i should buy a pack of the narrow ones and see how it turns out...

Okay, I go away from the Fierceboard for 24 hours and this is what happens... LOL!

Definitely a fan of the Curlformers, as you saw in the photos. (I don't mind them being posted. That photo will be on CheerMaD.com soon anyways since it will be used for their Locks of Love article.) I used to achieve the same results with hot rollers, but I "converted" back in December and love it. Literally saves us 2 hours of hair curling time and the curls stay in for two days if I don't wash her hair.

CP has super thick, long, straight hair. I use the pink & orange extra long/wide Curlformers. I pull her hair half up/half down while it's wet the night before competition. I wash with shampoo only, no conditioner, and then put super hold gel in all of her hair (I do this before pulling it up.) Then, starting at the bottom (I clip her hair up), I put in the Curlformers, alternating colors. This keeps the curls from clumping together the next day. It took a little practice to get used to it the first time, but the most important thing I learned was to make sure to keep the little rubber opening pinched open as wide as possible. This helps get the hair in easier, and it prevents the hair from frizzing when taking them out.

After I take them out, I recurl the piece of hair around my finger to give it a smoother, bouncier appearance. Just make sure you remember that the curls alternate direction with the color of Curlformer. Took me a while to get the hang of that.

Also, one last thing, after all the curl advice I've given out on here, at our last competition, we did straight ponytails (super straight, with the flat iron), and may be sticking with that for our last competition at UCA in Orlando.

Thanks everyone. I was up reading these posts last night and couldn't stand it anymore. I went and put 4 in my hair since dd was sleeping. The curls turned out great and I only left them in about 2 hours so I'm sure overnight curls will be even better. I was beginning to worry with all the posts about people using the wands now since I had already purchased the curlformers but I'm really glad I did now. Thanks everyone for the pictures.

My 7 year old sister & I both use curlformers in our hair. I love them. They sincerely are the only things that work when it comes to curling our hair & it holding the curls. One of my gym owners had curled my hair with a straightner & palamade, it worked, but didn't hold for very long. We use the curlformers & lots of gel & hairspray. I typically don't wash my hair the day before competition either and the curls seem to hold better.

My hair is straight as a board.

I say Curlformers all the way! I have naturally curly, extremely thick hair. I could only imagine that it would probably take me 2 hours to curl my hair that eventually fall out! When I use Curlformers I put them in at night, take them out in about 5 minutes in the morning (while everyone else has to get up 2 hours earlier to do their hair) and my curls could easily hold for 2 days and they are the best looking and bounciest curls I've ever had! I love them :cloud9: and I've convinced a lot of my team to use them as well!

34g54r6.jpg
ohjrc7.jpg

This is my natural, kind of just a mess! ^ ------ With Curlformers, not the best picture, but you get it! ^

As almost everyone else said, curlformers. They work soo well! It's my first year doing curls and my mom did curling iron first comp. Ouch. Heard my own hair sizzle...not fun. Curlformers are not the comfiest to sleep in and granted, hurt a bit from the pulling, but so worth it.

Back