All-Star Your Family Till You No Longer Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would like to add that I just went to my old high school team's showcase a few hours ago and as soon as I turned the corner I had the whole team scream my name haha. It was a little awkward because the other half were new people who didn't know me and they were in the middle of a meeting but whatever. I got a hug from everyone and felt like nothing had changed at all. It just all depends on who your friends with and how "close" you really are. You can be a team, but not be a family. I find that they are 2 different things.

my team from last year was completly split apart from last year but we r even closer than ever... we have "fierce bondings" & "bowling with the cheerleader" hahahah we try to get togeather as much as we can and when everyone is home from college. and i just broke my foot two weeks ago and my team so soo supportive of me getting back to cheer they cant waite. hahah i guess it kinda just based on how close ur team was and how much stufff you guys helped eachother through.

when my older daughter switched gyms I heard different comments that were said about her by her old coach if she walked into the gym, like they thought she was "spying" which was not true, her younger sister was still at that gym at the time. She finished out the season so it's not like she switched in the middle of the year. Very sad. Comments and lies trashing her new gym were then said by other coaches (which I heard for myself) from her old gym and then extended to some of the kids. You were only still treated like family if you either just left cheer or went to high school cheer but if you went to another all star gym, forget about it!!! That has been the same experience from others that have also left that gym to go to other all star gyms.

At my old gym it was said that I would still be treated like family but i definitely was not anymore. When i walked in the gym people just stared at me. My old coaches who used to treat me like i was their little sister talked bad about me and when we got 2nd at a competition, they jumped up and down screaming just because i was on the losing team. Before i left for that gym i HEARD my old coach calling my new gym sluts. I've heard so many negative comments towards me or my gym that i don't consider myself as ever being a part of that family because family sticks by you. I'm no longer allowed at that gym because there was a problem with my FRIENDS release form.
I really really hope that i'm still considered family once i age out of cheer at UA. Other athletes who graduated come back to the gym all of the time and even when people switch to other gyms, our owners go hug them like they are still a part of the gym. I have a few more years until i graduate so i won't know for sure if i'll still be considered family but i hope so!

I honestly know for a fact that my All Star family will be with me forever. I took some time off this season due to health problems, and when I came back I wasent as strong as I was before but my whole team accepted me. I was the only one who didnt tumble at first and they accepted everything. Needless to say, when I was out people never stopped caring, and included me in everything. I got letters, phone calls, ect. People tell me constantly that their children look up to me. I have NO DOUBT that no matter where I go I always have that ENTIRE gym behind me.

During the school year my kids spend their extra time at the gym. Monday through Friday it is basically school, snack, homework, cheer, shower, a late dinner, then bed time. When they don't have a cheer or gymnastics comp. over the weekends they have Saturdays free, but usually one of their friends from all star cheer is having a birthday party or get together. Sunday is Church & family day. So, when a girl quits all star, they still love them, but their just isn't much extra free time to hang out. Before they were hanging out with them at the gym & comp. I don't think it is on purpose or intentional, but with their schedules they stay so busy.

Back