All-Star Your Opinion On Gyms Not Releasing Uniforms & Practice Wear?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

anythingforcheer

Cheer Parent
Feb 25, 2010
Last month when uniforms and practice wear were issued throughout the gym, several of my cps teammates did not receive them due to the monthly tuition had not been paid yet, however, the practice wear and uniform was paid in full. Is this standard practice at most gyms and do you find it fair especially if its paid for but you may be behind in tuition for that particular month when everything was issued?

There may be people even further behind on tuition (than a month) and this may be how they get it caught up. It is a business with bills. I always pay the small business people I transact with asap because I assume cash flow is an issue.

This was standard at our old gym. If your account was behind then you did not get items like makeup, practice wear, etc.

People have a tendency to pay for the tangible items such as the uniforms and practice clothes if they have to choose between those and tuition. Maybe some even hope that the tuition will be forgotten about bring that the other items were paid for.
I think this gives the coaches/gym owners some insurance that the tuition will actually get paid.

We do this with our girls. Unless an alternate payment arrangement has been made, no shirts, uniforms, bows, nada. We consider it collateral.

Absolutely 100% fair. If someone legitimately owes the gym money, then they should have the right to withhold products and/or services until that money is paid.

We also state pretty explicitly that any money a customer hands us is going towards their tuition first, regardless of what they write in the "memo" of their check.

Last month when uniforms and practice wear were issued throughout the gym, several of my cps teammates did not receive them due to the monthly tuition had not been paid yet, however, the practice wear and uniform was paid in full. Is this standard practice at most gyms and do you find it fair especially if its paid for but you may be behind in tuition for that particular month when everything was issued?
Absolutely fair.

I absolutely think it's fair. I doubt these people were just a week late on tution.

Think about this- if a coach sits a cheerleader out because Mom or dad didnt pay their tuition -that coach is hurting the child AND the team BUT by holding back the clothing then the parent needs to explain to the child why that kid is the only one without an item, ie mom didnt pay your tuition. Its a very fair way of getting what is owed.

I know in the past when I had financial difficulties I always went to the owner talked to them and worked out a payment arrangement that worked for both of us. It keeps both parties happy. She really wanted my cp to cheer and I really wanted to pay off my debt. It all worked out just fine. I absolutely believe the owner is correct

I agree. I see so many families pay for uniforms and such so that their CP doesn't go without, even optional warm ups, but then skip out on paying monthly tuition just because they think that this is optional. It is not! We all have to pay it, whether times are tough or not, it is not optional. Most of us sign a contract knowing up front what our expenses are going to be and our monthly tuition is a set rate so they should know exactly what is expected; there's no excuse for skipping out on these payments, but only paying what they think they NEED to pay is wrong, they should pay it all. Yes, it is fair!!

fair and standard operating for our old gym and pretty sure standard for our new gym as well.

Back