All-Star 1 Boy? Really?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 1, 2010
Why does one boy make you small limited? I mean, even assuming that the one boy on a team is the untouched god of cheerleading, he still doesnt make the team. I mean, the sport does have a higher standard for boys than girls, but even if he's great he can (at max) make *one* stunt hit, and make *one* basket marginally higher. It's not like he's gonna make the team significantly higher, right? So at smaller gyms like mine, they hafta worry about putting me on a team because a team with me on it (and Im not an untouched god to cheer, not even close), is suddenly going up against teams with 3 or 4 boys!
Look at it this way, Kiara had male level tumbling, but CF didnt get 2nd (in prelims) at worlds until she wasnt even there any more. 1 person doesnt make or break the team.

a male is a male. point blank period!
smile.png

Why does one boy make you small limited? I mean, even assuming that the one boy on a team is the untouched god of cheerleading, he still doesnt make the team. I mean, the sport does have a higher standard for boys than girls, but even if he's great he can (at max) make *one* stunt hit, and make *one* basket marginally higher. It's not like he's gonna make the team significantly higher, right? So at smaller gyms like mine, they hafta worry about putting me on a team because a team with me on it (and Im not an untouched god to cheer, not even close), is suddenly going up against teams with 3 or 4 boys!
Look at it this way, Kiara had male level tumbling, but CF didnt get 2nd (in prelims) at worlds until she wasnt even there any more. 1 person doesnt make or break the team.
because its CO-ed CO as in 2

Like others have said a boy is a boy. When there is a boy and a girl on the same team it is coed. If there is a boy living in a dorm with other females, it is coed, even if it is 1 lone boy, still coed. How can a team be all girl when it isn't ALL girl?

so a guy who dresses in drag isnt a guy because he dresses as a woman?

1- Im not wearing a dress, but until my 9th grade year, 1 boy and you were still an all-girl team.
2- (I work with people in different gender identities) It depends if that boy identifies as a girl or a boy. The importance isnt on the clothes, but on the gender the person identifies as being.

1- Im not wearing a dress, but until my 9th grade year, 1 boy and you were still an all-girl team.
2- (I work with people in different gender identities) It depends if that boy identifies as a girl or a boy. The importance isnt on the clothes, but on the gender the person identifies as being.
im fairly certain the competition companies wont care if you feel like the opposite gender on the inside. the rule was made for the basic physical advantages of male cheerleaders, and that is that.
i

for arguments sake, lets say Cali Unlimited Coed said that every single male on their team identified as having a female personality, soul, whatever you want to call it. they should be able to compete in all girl because of their feelings?
because that is what im getting from what you argued.

im fairly certain the competition companies wont care if you feel like the opposite gender on the inside. the rule was made for the basic physical advantages of male cheerleaders, and that is that.
i

for arguments sake, lets say Cali Unlimited Coed said that every single male on their team identified as having a female personality, soul, whatever you want to call it. they should be able to compete in all girl because of their feelings?
because that is what im getting from what you argued.

I wasnt arguing for transgendered rights or anythin, thats just a reflex after my job;) I just think its dumb that 1 boy puts my gym in a division with 4 boys. It ends up hindering my progress because my gym cant have a team going coed. Its really frustrating.

I wasnt arguing for transgendered rights or anythin, thats just a reflex after my job;) I just think its dumb that 1 boy puts my gym in a division with 4 boys. It ends up hindering my progress because my gym cant have a team going coed. Its really frustrating.

i totally understand what youre saying. its definitely a disadvantage, but a rule is a rule, and its there for a pretty good reason.

I can remember competing against teams in high school with one boy on them, and everyone complained that it was just sooooo unfair. But, honestly, I didn't feel like it gave them much of an advantage. Maybe the coed divisions do need another look. What do you think about this?-

1. NO COED SPLIT FOR JUNIORS AND BELOW, AND FOR LEVEL 3 AND BELOW
2. Up to 2 boys in a small or large division does not require a co-ed split
3. 2-4 boys for small limited coed (20 or less)
4. 4-6 boys for medium limited coed (24 or less)
5. 6-10 boys for large limited coed (30 or less)
6. UP TO half of your team is boys, just call it Co-Ed..... small or large

Just a thought... and I haven't had my morning coffee yet lol

I think having just 1 guy is actually a disadvantage, especially if he can't single base! He's much taller than the girls, so he can't base with a girl, so he's relegated to being a back. Sure his height will be an advantage there, but not so much so that it'll make or break the team.

Back