All-Star 1 Boy? Really?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

onetrupairing, just curious what level team are you currently on, what level team would you be able to compete on and what is highest level team at your gym?

onetrupairing, just curious what level team are you currently on, what level team would you be able to compete on and what is highest level team at your gym?

Im on senior coed three and SO5. I couldnt be on senior 4 because my gym cant have that team going coed, and Im the only boy at the gym. Hence, frustration.

That's why you find boys that are younger than 12 and teach them.

We're from missouri. Easier said than done, trust me.
In my home town, I was the first. Ever.

Yeah, Alabama is quite progressive in having guys cheer.

At this point, you can accept the advice or not. I didn't say it was easy. I just said that's how you do it.

Im on senior coed three and SO5. I couldnt be on senior 4 because my gym cant have that team going coed, and Im the only boy at the gym. Hence, frustration.

funny, they'll go SO5 but not 4 coed. as long as skill is there for the team shouldn't be any issue. sounds like the gym mindset is bigger hold back. sure more to it than just that so good luck.

funny, they'll go SO5 but not 4 coed. as long as skill is there for the team shouldn't be any issue. sounds like the gym mindset is bigger hold back. sure more to it than just that so good luck.

SO5 can have boys in it. But they hafta put the entire team before 1 person. No matter how much they care for me individually.

Yeah, Alabama is quite progressive in having guys cheer.

At this point, you can accept the advice or not. I didn't say it was easy. I just said that's how you do it.

Yeah, but ace has how many gyms? Comparing a major chain of gyms to tcas isnt really an accurate comparison. You have a much larger pool to pick from and a well known name...

SO5 can have boys in it. But they hafta put the entire team before 1 person. No matter how much they care for me individually.

if the skill is there, then the skill is there. a level 4 team with 1 boy on it won at Cheersport last year. am sure you are aleady aware of them and maybe not geographically feasible but check out the USASF website for other gyms in MO. might be something there for you to consider.
http://usasf.net/members/findgym/?s...o&search_city=&search_text=&sub_action=search

Yeah, but ace has how many gyms? Comparing a major chain of gyms to tcas isnt really an accurate comparison. You have a much larger pool to pick from and a well known name...

I'm really not trying to pick on you, I promise. But ACE has only been around for 11 years. And they only added additional locations starting about 4 years ago. When we moved to Birmingham, there was one location and 6 teams. The year before we moved here, ACE didn't even have a fixed location. They rotated between various high school gyms and churches and had to carry the mats each week to that week's practice location.

ACE hasn't always been a "big" gym. and they had guys before we got here. Some could tumble, many could not. The girls went out and convinced the biggest football players they could find to come try it. They weren't always succesful, but got enough to have a coed team or two.

And then they worked hard.

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." ~Newt Gingrich

Is this serious right now? Can you imagine if you applied your thinking to other situations...like if I have 21 kids on my team, I should be able to go small, because it's only 1 person? or I have an 10 year old that wants to be on my Senior 5 team, it's only one so she/he should be able to..?.....

Back