All-Star 1 Boy? Really?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree, you seem to have a lot of complaints about the allstar cheer industry. 1. you dont like that males cant fly 2. you don't like that SO5 doesnt compete at worlds 3. you don't like that one boy makes you coed...not to be rude but nothing is going to change about these things. Its not worth complaining about. And if you are so upset by all of these things maybe the allstar industry isnt right for you. But as far as the coed issue goes - our gym has only one boy on our junior coed team and the team still does well because they are an all around talented team, but having that boy does not make or break the team. Its a TEAM. our senior coed team competed with two guys multiple times this year. at jamfest indy i saw multiple good teams that had only one or a couple guys on them that did very well. I think Ultimate Athletics JCo only had one boy and they won their division.

You say nothing is going to change about these things, but these things have changed before. Things werent always this way, and no one can say where cheer will be in 5 years. It is still very much in its infancy. Cheer 10 years ago was nothing like cheer now, so whos to say what will happen next?
Im not trying to complain, Im trying to get an understanding.

Wow, youre right, *THREE* whole things in the *entire* sport that I dont like. Cheer must not be the sport for me.

IMO one male doesnt help a team, it holds it back.

You say nothing is going to change about these things, but these things have changed before. Things werent always this way, and no one can say where cheer will be in 5 years. It is still very much in its infancy. Cheer 10 years ago was nothing like cheer now, so whos to say what will happen next?

Wow, youre right, *THREE* whole things in the *entire* sport that I dont like. Cheer must not be the sport for me.

its not the sport for you if you give that attitude toward it.

Being coed by having 1 male on your team is NOT holding the male gender back. Not sure if you have taken a gender studies course but I'm guessing maybe you should.
Coed is coed for a reason. Sure it hasn't always been like this, but the rule changed for a reason, my guess is the industry thought COED IS COED.
I also do not see how it holds back your team. If your team is talented and has the skill then you should be fine in the division because even if there is 4 boys, you still are able to put up the SAME skills to max out points. Sure it may be tougher on the team with 1 boy, but practice and teach those girls to be badda$$ stunters and your team should do just fine in the division.

But if you are competing in SO5 it doesnt matter anyways

1- Im not wearing a dress, but until my 9th grade year, 1 boy and you were still an all-girl team.
2- (I work with people in different gender identities) It depends if that boy identifies as a girl or a boy. The importance isnt on the clothes, but on the gender the person identifies as being.

so what if a team of unlimited coed had all the boys decide they felt like girls .... does that mean they are an all girl team ?? thats why the division is semi limited coed thats the thing that sucks about being the only guy on a team but you just have to deal with it

OMG BORING THREAD!!!! Be a boy or be a girl. your choice. Dr's orders!!! But if you are a boy on a cheer team you shall compete COED.

If you lose the National Championship by 1 point you do not get the title or the jacket!!!

Just One???

onetrupairing -

Can I ask what your obsession is about creating thread about boys, their sexuality, their place in the sport, etc. Obsessed much?

When have I created a thread about sexuality?
Boys/their place in the sport is one topic. I create threads on that subject because Im a boy and finding my place in the sport.

But if you are competing in SO5 it doesnt matter anyways

We're trying to go reg level 5, but the expectations for small limited are much higher than small senior (at least in the area), going small limited would destroy the team, yet as small all girl they have a shot.

We're trying to go reg level 5, but the expectations for small limited are much higher than small senior (at least in the area), going small limited would destroy the team, yet as small all girl they have a shot.
well. even if the rule DOES change, it wont this season. so if your team wants to go regular level five, you go small limited or you stay So5. thats it.

How are the expectations higher for Small Limited!? Small Senior is one of the hardest divisons to win in because it's STACKED. Orange, Cali, Panthers, Diamondz, CEA, and many many other teams. And if the technique is there, then a boy won't hold the team back.

Back