All-Star [11/16-11/17] Spirit Celebration - Denton, Tx (world's Bids)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so the "winners" are based off of the second performance only, and bids were 50/50 both performances? i am confused. (happy for CA, but confused)

As far as I know, it's always been that way (winners are just 2nd performance, while bids are 50/50).

Not a bad concept, IMO.

BlueCat said OOB was killing a couple teams because SC is more strict on that than other comps. Perhaps some people stepped out even though everything else was fine?

Worlds bids were a combination of the two performances (50/50). The division winners were determined by the second performance only. (This is a change from years past, when it was based on the first performance.) Panthers and Wildcats had the higher scores round 1, Spirit had the higher scores round 2. We were fortunate that the average worked out in our favor bid-wise. I'm sure it was close.

Every coach of a L5 team (and many others from other levels) I talked to had legality deductions at least one of the performances. They had multiple camera angles and there was zero "grey area" like usual. Every grip and every release was scrutinized. In fairness, it seemed to be consistent across all teams. That combined with the stricter-than-usual definition of out-of-bounds led to a few very surprising scores/results in a few divisions.

Worlds bids were a combination of the two performances (50/50). The division winners were determined by the second performance only. (This is a change from years past, when it was based on the first performance.) Panthers and Wildcats had the higher scores round 1, Spirit had the higher scores round 2. We were fortunate that the average worked out in our favor bid-wise. I'm sure it was close.

Every coach of a L5 team (and many others from other levels) I talked to had legality deductions at least one of the performances. They had multiple camera angles and there was zero "grey area" like usual. Every grip and every release was scrutinized. In fairness, it seemed to be consistent across all teams. That combined with the stricter-than-usual definition of out-of-bounds led to a few very surprising scores/results in a few divisions.
Do you feel this has put you at an advantage, seeing as now your athletes can see where every potential legality is?

I imagine, that while confusing if you weren't expecting it, particularly on the OOB- on the other hand it provides you with an early-season verification of how everything needs to be done in order to avoid unintentional mistakes.

Bids:
(AL) Cheers & More
(AL) CA Junglecats
(AL) Champion Cheer Heat
(AL) Cheer Central Suns
(AL) CA Cheetahs
(AL) CA Swooshcats
(Paid) CA Panthers
(Paid) CA Wildcats

Some programs don't accept anything other than a paid bid. When you are trying to get 8+ teams to Worlds, you happily take every bid you can get. (Our two 6s and CA Austin were not in attendance.)

Back