All-Star [11/16-11/17] Spirit Celebration - Denton, Tx (world's Bids)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you feel this has put you at an advantage, seeing as now your athletes can see where every potential legality is?

I imagine, that while confusing if you weren't expecting it, particularly on the OOB- on the other hand it provides you with an early-season verification of how everything needs to be done in order to avoid unintentional mistakes.

The out-of-bounds isn't particularly relevant, as other competitions essentially give you another 300 square feet to work with. (You typically can land on the red border without penalty.)

You definitely want to find out which side of the grey-area fence you are on early rather than late. I don't think most people appreciate how challenging it is to know where some of your more creative elements will fall along those lines. Our sport covers a huge amount of athletic range and the rules are surprisingly complicated. It is hard to know exactly how far you can push the guidelines until you go beyond them. There are also simple performance errors that make something "accidentally" illegal as well.

Worlds bids were a combination of the two performances (50/50). The division winners were determined by the second performance only. (This is a change from years past, when it was based on the first performance.) Panthers and Wildcats had the higher scores round 1, Spirit had the higher scores round 2. We were fortunate that the average worked out in our favor bid-wise. I'm sure it was close.

Every coach of a L5 team (and many others from other levels) I talked to had legality deductions at least one of the performances. They had multiple camera angles and there was zero "grey area" like usual. Every grip and every release was scrutinized. In fairness, it seemed to be consistent across all teams. That combined with the stricter-than-usual definition of out-of-bounds led to a few very surprising scores/results in a few divisions.

It's great then that panthers did well enough to not have their oob today cost them the paid bid. Congrats!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Bids:
(AL) Cheers & More
(AL) CA Junglecats
(AL) Champion Cheer Heat
(AL) Cheer Central Suns
(AL) CA Cheetahs
(AL) CA Swooshcats
(Paid) CA Panthers
(Paid) CA Wildcats

Some programs don't accept anything other than a paid bid. When you are trying to get 8+ teams to Worlds, you happily take every bid you can get. (Our two 6s and CA Austin were not in attendance.)

Does this mean that Claw 6 will be going for a bid? When is the 1st comp the 6's will be at?
(I ask because cp's coach is on Claw 6 and we don't want to miss his competitions).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Does this mean that Claw 6 will be going for a bid? When is the 1st comp the 6's will be at?
(I ask because cp's coach is on Claw 6 and we don't want to miss his competitions).

We would love for all of our Worlds-eligible teams to go to the USASF event. If we can manage to get Claw6 a bid and get them there without losing a large amount of money in the process, we would likely take them.

Back