All-Star 2011 Worlds Bids Vs 2012 Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If they are in fact medium, then they should not be allowed to cheat thier way into avoiding the semi-finals!
I wouldn't accuse them of cheating, if they combined the division they are probably in fact medium and it is just listed wrong in WIKI.

No, they won't automatically advance everyone to finals. If that was their "sneaky plan" to get to finals then they are mistaken. Last year in unlimited there were 8 teams that competed, and 4 moved to finals. I can almost assure you that Worlds won't move any more than 4 teams to Day 2 in that division. And let's just put all our cards on the table here and be frank. Stars, F5 and SE are already penciled in as 3 of those teams. Unless there are some legendary, earth-shattering mistakes those 3 teams are into Day 2. The other 4 teams are competing for 1 spot.

but that was when the rule was 50% and now its top 10.

(This could be a real lame idea) What if we specified each full paid/ partial paid/ atlarge bid?
What if each division was allowed to only give a certain amount of bids?

For instance, for each division there were only:

10 full paid bids for large senior, medium senior, and small senior. And for each full paid bid there could match partial paid bid. And for each full paid bid, and partial paid bid there could be half the amount of at-large bids.

So ... 9 full paid bids, 6 partial paid bids, and 5 - at large bids in each division

I chose 9 full paid bids, 6 partial paid bids, and 5 at large bids because it would equal 20 bids for each division. Which I think could be a fair number.

Large Senior: 9 FP, 6 PP, 5 AL
Medium Senior: 9 FP, 6 PP, 5 AL
Small Senior: 9 FP, 6 PP, 5 AL

Large Coed: 9 FP, 6 PP, 5 AL
Medium Coed: 9 FP, 6 PP, 5 AL
Small Coed: 9 FP, 6 PP, 5 AL

So there would be:
56 Full paid bids
36 Partial paid bids
30 At large paid bids
= 120 chances of you getting a bid

However, I do see how there could be a problem for teams "division hopping" if they didn't get a bid in a certain division, so they may switch. But it also may make gyms chose the appropriate division for their team.

This make sense in my head, thoughts?

(This could be a real lame idea) What if we specified each full paid/ partial paid/ atlarge bid?

10 full paid bids for large senior, medium senior, and small senior. And for each full paid bid there could match partial paid bid. And for each full paid bid, and partial paid bid there could be half the amount of at-large bids.

So ... 9 full paid bids, 6 partial paid bids, and 5 - at large bids in each division

I chose 9 full paid bids, 6 partial paid bids, and 5 at large bids because it would equal 20 bids for each division. Which I think could be a fair number.

So there would be:
56 Full paid bids
36 Partial paid bids
30 At large paid bids

However, I do see how there could be a problem for teams "division hopping" if they didn't get a bid in a certain division, so they may switch. But it also may make gyms chose the appropriate division for their team.

I don't see this working. How would you split the bids between EP's? East Coast and West Coast?? 20 bids for Large Senior when there are only a few teams in that division? Also only 20 bids for a divison with over 100 teams? Ya, I don't see this working.

So there would be:
56 Full paid bids
36 Partial paid bids
30 At large paid bids

how do you decide which companies get to give bids in which divisions though?

If they are in fact medium, then they should not be allowed to cheat thier way into avoiding the semi-finals!

I don't think it is cheating since there is not a rule that prevents them from doing this. They just figured out how to work the system. I just wasn't sure how many teams went to finals...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I also meant to say that maybe they combined medium and large bc there were only 1 of each...but im not sure? But if they combined do they get bid in what division...totally by size?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Also people have been saying that the at-larges help pay for the competition so if you cut down that many at-larges, where would they get that money from?

I actually am working on something with someone...

the idea? Only 20 bids are awarded per division. So no more than 20 small senior teams can go to Worlds... but there are 20 chances to go in large senior. Think that would encourage more people to enter large senior?

I actually am working on something with someone...

the idea? Only 20 bids are awarded per division. So no more than 20 small senior teams can go to Worlds... but there are 20 chances to go in large senior. Think that would encourage more people to enter large senior?

I think that would end up watering down the most popular level at Worlds. wouldn't the top 20-25 small senior teams remain strong while all the lower level small senior teams would add level 4 (maybe even level 3) talent to chase a large senior bid.

On a plus side it would probably increase the amount of team in divisions like International Open 5.

Looking forward to your idea though as you might have come up with something I can't see.

It would place a limit on the teams actually competing there. I am not sure it would water down as much because the talent would just make a lateral shift from division to division.

Back