All-Star 2012-13 Uniform Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have no clue how much my uniform cost me. i pay an all inclusive price, so i dont really pay much attention to the break down of costs! if i were to guess, i would guess around 300.

I've always wondered this... does any other gym rent their unis? Like my gym has a different uni for almost every team, so instead of having to buy a new uni whenever you change a team we just pay a fee each year for that uni for the year then give it back. We pay about $70 i think each year for that uniform. Do any other gyms do this? It seems to work for us.

i think FCA in Pennsylvania does something similar to renting uniforms.

I have new ones coming from GK, and because of the excessive amount of bling I had put on them, they are a little under $400 each. :)

I've always wondered this... does any other gym rent their unis? Like my gym has a different uni for almost every team, so instead of having to buy a new uni whenever you change a team we just pay a fee each year for that uni for the year then give it back. We pay about $70 i think each year for that uniform. Do any other gyms do this? It seems to work for us.
I coach at VIP Athletics Vipers (formerly Vipers Cheer and Dance) and our kids rent their uniforms. It is our goal to make all star cheer as affordable as possible and reusing uniforms helps. Each team has a different uni now, but I will be interested to see what we do when we decide to order program uniforms in the future. This works fine for now.

I think a second mortgage my be needed for our new uni this year.

Skirt/Top/Spankies $400
Warmup Jacket $160
Shoes $85
Bow $30
Makeup $35

Not to mention the $150 for practice clothes. I just thank goodness I only have one child cheering as I know many that have 2+.

that price listed on the rays uni is stock only. You must use one of their stock graphics, their stock fonts, ect and can ONLY change the 2 colors you choose and the team name, according to what I know about ordering from varsity. I have seen many,many mockups with pricing from them through both school cheer and allstar, and if you want anything changed from the stock, you can double that price to start. So, if your team name has a graphic include like ours, you need a certain font. or want to change the print on the sublimation there is no way you are getting sublimated under $200.

Can I just say I hate team makeup? Like I don't need to buy that $20 blush or specific $20 eye color kit when I have some myself that's almost the exact same.
I agree it's frustrating but it's always one mom or cheerleader who ruins it for everyone by not buying on their own what is specified by the coach or gym. This way it's one less thing the gym needs to worry about for competition season IMHO.

I agree it's frustrating but it's always one mom or cheerleader who ruins it for everyone by not buying on their own what is specified by the coach or gym. This way it's one less thing the gym needs to worry about for competition season IMHO.
I get that, I just think its weird that we buy team makeup from our team mom that is a Mary Kay consultant. We also get her Mary Kay emails without even asking for them. I honestly don't like Mary Kay to much! And I for sure wouldn't wear it for competition makeup. It's disappears fast!

Our new unis are Varsity...
<------
They're just over 300 with the bow. Spankies are attached and team make up is optional, if you don't choose the official team make up yours just has to look the same. I'll get the silver eye shadow and sparkles from there but mascara and lipstick is mascara lipstick. Our coaches don't care if you look the same from ten feet away. Warm ups are optional but everyone gets them.

I get that, I just think its weird that we buy team makeup from our team mom that is a Mary Kay consultant. We also get her Mary Kay emails without even asking for them. I honestly don't like Mary Kay to much! And I for sure wouldn't wear it for competition makeup. It's disappears fast!
Maybe they've found she has the best selection/prices for the makeup they want. Or maybe the gym just wants to give her the business for whatever the reason. If you don't like the makeup, maybe a group of you can approach the team mom and the coach with other suggestions. I can't say I've ever heard of Mary Kay as being the cheerleader makeup of choice tbh!

Maybe they've found she has the best selection/prices for the makeup they want. Or maybe the gym just wants to give her the business for whatever the reason. If you don't like the makeup, maybe a group of you can approach the team mom and the coach with other suggestions. I can't say I've ever heard of Mary Kay as being the cheerleader makeup of choice tbh!
Maybe it was just easier for them to pick out? That's my guess. It's "optional but strongly suggested" so I'm going to stick with my Urban Decay haha

Back