All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well, we had rhinestones last year, and i never got scratched... since you're wearing full length sleeves arms should not be a problem. and hands were never scratched either..
Good point about the long sleeves...thanks!

This is what I've been wondering all along with any rhinestones.
I usually tell our girls to not even wear clothes to practice that have excessive rhinestones on them so I'm wondering whether I could just let them do it. ;)
Being a base I'm just not too fond of the idea of catching a rotating person wrapped scratchy stuff. ;)

Beauty is pain...but I totally know what you mean. ;)

I do have a question...the stones...do they stand up much, or are they mostly flat? I'm wondering if they might scratch bases hands/arms when they're trying to catch a flyer. My cp's uni is supposedly going to have some bling on it (yay!), so I'm just wondering.

I have a shirt that I customised the back of with sequins when I stopped allstar cheering to wear to competitions to support my squad. When I started flying at university my bases complained about the sequins scratching their arms and I had to stop wearing it to practice. Definitely think an excessive amount of bling would be a problem!

Love the leo style unis! I think they look super classy and definitely a way to rock the full top look.

I really liked the Leo uniform on F5 and these other ones are nice but I'm not a big fan of the new trend.

I'd be interested to see how the mesh holds up all season. Our first trial run with GK Leo and shorts uniform had mesh across the stomach and when we got the sample it just felt so flimsy like it would rip if you caught your flier the wrong way. So we opted to take the mesh design out and go straight black drytech. Love the bling on the AS1 uniform though - gorgeous! We placed out order for the GK Custome Leo with shorts for our full gym today :) So excited to get them all in.

The mesh has a nice four way stretch just like the other fabrics. Ive taken my GK Mesh Samples and tugged and tugged on them just to see what would happen. Nothing. It was treated the same at the other fabrics. Im curious how other companies Mesh is going to hold up with all these "F5" knock offs going around.

I didn't like it when f5 brought it out at Worlds, I don't like it on as1 and i dont like it on acf.... sorry.
This was bound to be a trend with or without F5 doing this uniform 1st. If USASF is asking for full tops, the cheer world is going to get creative. GK is a brilliant company in my opinion...they saw a void and they filled it. Leotard Uniforms are their creation and Varsity must be having a fit. Varsity is not stupid either they see that GK are the innovators in cheer world right now. I suspect there is a real shake up in the design department as they scramble to catch up. GK created those F5 uniforms and they are creating the new ones that are to come...it will be Varsity knocking off GK.

I like the leos with shorts. I don't know that I will like them with skirts, just because I have a fear that the fabric on fabric will allow them to twist around more. However, please, please please put snaps in the crotch area, at least in the youth sizes. They will be covered up with shorts or a skirt, so nobody will see it.

I like the leos with shorts. I don't know that I will like them with skirts, just because I have a fear that the fabric on fabric will allow them to twist around more. However, please, please please put snaps in the crotch area, at least in the youth sizes. They will be covered up with shorts or a skirt, so nobody will see it.
I have a fear they will end up looking like skating costumes with a skirt....just can't see to picture it?

I do have a question...the stones...do they stand up much, or are they mostly flat? I'm wondering if they might scratch bases hands/arms when they're trying to catch a flyer. My cp's uni is supposedly going to have some bling on it (yay!), so I'm just wondering.
theyre kind of like.... stickers. thats the best way I can describe it. I have a varsity uniform with the same type of sparkle on the sleeves, and theyre completely flat. Like stickers.

This was bound to be a trend with or without F5 doing this uniform 1st. If USASF is asking for full tops, the cheer world is going to get creative. GK is a brilliant company in my opinion...they saw a void and they filled it. Leotard Uniforms are their creation and Varsity must be having a fit. Varsity is not stupid either they see that GK are the innovators in cheer world right now. I suspect there is a real shake up in the design department as they scramble to catch up. GK created those F5 uniforms and they are creating the new ones that are to come...it will be Varsity knocking off GK.
i completely agree with you. knowing that there is also the new uniform rule that will be in effect in a couple years, people will be looking for new full tops to satisfy their needs to have amazing and beautiful uniforms. I love GK, i also agree that they are a brilliant and innovative company, and personally, i like them better than Varsity. but I'm sure everyone has seen a uniform that they just do not like. and honestly, this one is mine. a great way to go along with the full top trend, just not my liking.

i completely agree with you. knowing that there is also the new uniform rule that will be in effect in a couple years, people will be looking for new full tops to satisfy their needs to have amazing and beautiful uniforms. I love GK, i also agree that they are a brilliant and innovative company, and personally, i like them better than Varsity. but I'm sure everyone has seen a uniform that they just do not like. and honestly, this one is mine. a great way to go along with the full top trend, just not my liking.
I agree it is not going to be everyones cup of tea...can you tell I am old? Does anyone use that expression anymore?

Back