All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cover of panthers

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS.
I get that pattie ann and the Cali coaches get results through tough love, and I know for a lot of athletes (regardless of sport) that is kinda industry standard..

But Im glad that CA took a different, more positive approach.
I think anyone that believes support and encouragement don't/can't produce champions can just look to CA's track record.
:cheering:

Last year my senior 4 team could have gone restricted 5 with 10/18 able to do jumps to back, 3 doing standing pass to full and 4 or 5 doing running fulls; with average (not exceptional) level 5 stunting. Did we? No, because we would have been creamed at almost all of our competitions and had a very unsuccessful season. Instead we worked the level 5 tumbling and stunting in practice to push ourselves to be ready for restricted 5 this year. Now we have 15/20 jumps to back, 7 standing passes to full, 10 running fulls (4 do a specialty pass), and our stunting is still getting better every week so our coaches are adding in more difficult elements. We actually have a chance at being competitive in the division this year if we continue to push ourselves. This is my small gym's first year ever having a level 5 type of team and my coaches were smart enough to know that with less than 1/4 of the whole team throwing level appropriate running tumbling it would certainly reflect poorly on our gym and not score well at all. Did the 4 or 5 girls with fulls have to throw layout passes last year? Yes. Did they still improve? Yes, they are all working hard to get their doubles and standing fulls now. Stunting alone does not make a team level appropriate...there are multiple categories on the score sheets.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm home in bed on New Year's Eve and don't have anything better to do than rant in this thread...

This is largely dependent on area. If you had kids with those skills in an area surrounded by level 5 gyms, it would be different. Kids where Im from get a full and then leave to a level 5 program.
Its in the gyms favor to make a not-so-great restricted 5 team one year with just a couple of fulls when there are a bunch of level 5 gyms near you.
That way, kids with level 5 skills have a team to be on, and you can work the r5 team really hard and get more level 5 skills so that in the years to come you can build yourself up to being a competitive level 5 program.

Isn't that why Restricted 5 was made in the first place?

This is largely dependent on area. If you had kids with those skills in an area surrounded by level 5 gyms, it would be different. Kids where Im from get a full and then leave to a level 5 program.
Its in the gyms favor to make a not-so-great restricted 5 team one year with just a couple of fulls when there are a bunch of level 5 gyms near you.
That way, kids with level 5 skills have a team to be on, and you can work the r5 team really hard and get more level 5 skills so that in the years to come you can build yourself up to being a competitive level 5 program.

Isn't that why Restricted 5 was made in the first place?
I do see your point there, not many worlds gyms near me so the scenarios are different.

I wanna see a whole routine and I neeed that music! I always feel like Kyle really amps up Supermodels music. :)

I can see them as a top 5 contender. Worlds is always a struggle for them but this year they look better than ever I think they found there niche with sm senior.

Speaking of not many worlds gyms. The only worlds gym in this area was Planet Spirit and are they still open ?
Their name is actually Planet Cheer from Lewiston, Maine and while they used to have an IOC 5 team that would go to worlds I have been told that this year they have a senior coed restricted 5.

Redemption is defined as: deliverance, atonement for sins, to recover, payoff, etc.

I can think of some people who would like payback after sitting through teams at Worlds, but that's another thread ;) Or wanting to redeem your title, but that's maybe a handful of teams. Therefore, the word 'redemption' should be in maybe 6 mixes this year, at most.

Redemption is defined as: deliverance, atonement for sins, to recover, payoff, etc.

I can think of some people who would like payback after sitting through teams at Worlds, but that's another thread ;) Or wanting to redeem your title, but that's maybe a handful of teams. Therefore, the word 'redemption' should be in maybe 6 mixes this year, at most.
But not even redeem your title. Maybe there were teams who didn't make finals, or didn't do as well as they usually do and they're using redemption that way.

Back