All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

because some athletes would like to push themselves instead of competing a level theyve maxed out. my friends gym is starting a worlds team soon so athletes can have an opportunity to go to worlds. shes from a small gym, and the requirements are a jump to tuck. they'll probably only have about half of them fulling. they arent expecting to place well, but its an opportunity for athletes who otherwise wouldnt get the chance to compete on a worlds stage. im sure she'll LOVE to see that you think they arent worthy of going to worlds, just because they're lacking in fulls. but im sure your gym won worlds the first year they started a worlds team right? everyone has to start somewhere.

I know I would LOVE to see how getting a bid to Worlds goes for them.

because some athletes would like to push themselves instead of competing a level theyve maxed out. my friends gym is starting a worlds team soon so athletes can have an opportunity to go to worlds. shes from a small gym, and the requirements are a jump to tuck. they'll probably only have about half of them fulling. they arent expecting to place well, but its an opportunity for athletes who otherwise wouldnt get the chance to compete on a worlds stage. im sure she'll LOVE to see that you think they arent worthy of going to worlds, just because they're lacking in fulls. but im sure your gym won worlds the first year they started a worlds team right? everyone has to start somewhere.

I'm just going to leave you on your high horse right now. And let you be. I'm done with this conversation its pointless. Happy new years! And im going to go and Twerk my day out!

i really dont understand why you cant comprehend my post
We comprehend - we just don't agree with you. Saying the same thing over and over....and over again is not going to make us change our mind and suddenly say "oh my gosh, you are right". When someone posts anything here, including videos, they are going to get feedback, and it is not always going to go your way. No one was bashing this team btw, they were just saying they didn't have the tumbling to be an extremely competitive team in their division.

As a coach of a first year level 5 team I can say it is rough. It would be a really great level 4 team but they need to be pushed. I'm a small gym in Idaho where we have no where to pull talent from other then my own gym. As a staff we decided it was the right fit for our athletes. Am I going to win no and that is not our goal for them. The goal is for them to hit a clean routine that they had to WORK to get these new skills. Our my kids going to finally push themselves and start to progress. Yes. There are times that you need to do that as a program.

This is also why I will never post a video of my team on the boards. I know we will get attacked and I will get mad. I would try and defend them but I can't make you guys understand why we did what we did.

Last year my senior 4 team could have gone restricted 5 with 10/18 able to do jumps to back, 3 doing standing pass to full and 4 or 5 doing running fulls; with average (not exceptional) level 5 stunting. Did we? No, because we would have been creamed at almost all of our competitions and had a very unsuccessful season. Instead we worked the level 5 tumbling and stunting in practice to push ourselves to be ready for restricted 5 this year. Now we have 15/20 jumps to back, 7 standing passes to full, 10 running fulls (4 do a specialty pass), and our stunting is still getting better every week so our coaches are adding in more difficult elements. We actually have a chance at being competitive in the division this year if we continue to push ourselves. This is my small gym's first year ever having a level 5 type of team and my coaches were smart enough to know that with less than 1/4 of the whole team throwing level appropriate running tumbling it would certainly reflect poorly on our gym and not score well at all. Did the 4 or 5 girls with fulls have to throw layout passes last year? Yes. Did they still improve? Yes, they are all working hard to get their doubles and standing fulls now. Stunting alone does not make a team level appropriate...there are multiple categories on the score sheets.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm home in bed on New Year's Eve and don't have anything better to do than rant in this thread...

In the Video description it says she doesn't cheer any longer but wants to do something different

According to mom, it's just that she is in that crucial 11th year and wants to make sure her grades are tight. My CP did the same. It's the year, on which many colleges, focus. She's a smart level-headed girl, who has her priorities in order.

Back