All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just got back from Encore and let me tell you those Telly videos do NO justice to what I saw today...

#1, I really have to shout out SJS Avalanche, who was the last competing team to perform and absolutely MURDERED it. I'm not saying they're perfect, but this is certainly a team that will do really well this season. They were so talented and really impressed me with their difficulty in tumbling and stunts.

#2 Though Stars had a rougher performance, their stage presence is absolutely sickening. I don't think videos can ever give justice to the Shooting Star flair and how that comes across as you watch them live. Loads of talent, beautiful technique, and it's really refreshing to watch such a trained group of athletes perform (even when they're not hitting).

#3 Shout out to all the restricted teams today. Everyone was looking awesome and decently clean. I love when coaches can recognize that a team should spend some time competing restricted to clean their team's technique, it showed today. Rather than a ton of teams performing janky/dangerous doubles, standing fulls, and switch kick baskets, people took their time and competed solid skills--> evidenced by the lack of major injuries today.

Lastly, kudos to Encore in general. What a well run competition! The awards ceremony had like mini playbacks of the winning teams and specialty award recipients, so that made for a really cool experience.

Completely agree with F5's tick tocks. They don't emphasize the heel stretch before going onto the next element. I hoping that they were just off on counts a little bit and that's why it looked that way and that it isn't choreographed that way, because if so it'll bother me every time I see it.

No matter though because F5 came out with a bang. And I think between all of the teams in the large senior division this will be a fantastic year and really entertaining to see who comes out on top.

One of my good friends is a flyer on F5. Right before the showcase she was telling me how last year the music in their stunting section was much faster than in the new music this year so it was rushed since they used last year's music.

ehh the more i watch senior elite the more i tend to dislike it, which is odd, after watching it so many times, it does seem really cluttered to me. they have way to much tumbling going on all at the same time which just looks odd to me, and almost all their stunting is so close together, i think they should work on spacing things out a little more.

after watching all the LAG videos, I still think that other teams can't touch SE's pyramid (yet)

SE always has the best pyramid. I don't think that's going to change. Stunting is their thing and it shows. To me, it always looks like they put their routine together around their stunting. It's like everything else is just thrown in to fill the rest of the space. No creative motions, jumps or transitions. Stunts, stunts, stunts and rush through everything else.

Just got back from Encore and let me tell you those Telly videos do NO justice to what I saw today...

#1, I really have to shout out SJS Avalanche, who was the last competing team to perform and absolutely MURDERED it. I'm not saying they're perfect, but this is certainly a team that will do really well this season. They were so talented and really impressed me with their difficulty in tumbling and stunts.

#2 Though Stars had a rougher performance, their stage presence is absolutely sickening. I don't think videos can ever give justice to the Shooting Star flair and how that comes across as you watch them live. Loads of talent, beautiful technique, and it's really refreshing to watch such a trained group of athletes perform (even when they're not hitting).

#3 Shout out to all the restricted teams today. Everyone was looking awesome and decently clean. I love when coaches can recognize that a team should spend some time competing restricted to clean their team's technique, it showed today. Rather than a ton of teams performing janky/dangerous doubles, standing fulls, and switch kick baskets, people took their time and competed solid skills--> evidenced by the lack of major injuries today.

Lastly, kudos to Encore in general. What a well run competition! The awards ceremony had like mini playbacks of the winning teams and specialty award recipients, so that made for a really cool experience.
Amen to the restricted teams! And I agree, it was a very well run competition . Which gym are you with?

\

Omg... that stunt has gotten better, ALREADY. I'm dying. #cpr

Have always been a fan, but have never loved an Orange routine more... I hope that pyramid gets reworked to be more visually appealing/difficult, but everything else is giving me citrus life.

Well actually, I'd like to see Mckenzie, Hailey, and a few others will do 1 to whip doubles during the standing tumbling section ;)

Back