All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just want to give Force a matching mesh sleeve for the other arm. The one sparkles soo much. Two would look awesome.

im almost 100% certain it is illegal. its trying to say it needs to have one of the 2 skills IMMEDIATELY before the double a handspring. so handspring whip handspring double is legal. handspring handspring whip double is legal. anything that has TWO whips right before the double is illegal. one HAS to be a handspring

I understand both angles. I just also understand where there could be confusion... I think whip whip doubles should have been one of the for examples hand whip double is legal, hand whip whip double is illegal

Am I alone here in absolutely hating T&S Obsession's dance...?
I think it gives the illusion of being messy. I think it's because a lot of the moves are more free and not as easily cleaned up. Like on the "uhhh" in the music when the back group kicks their leg out or the side groups dip or throw their arms. They aren't tight definite motions and everyone kind of does it to their own level and makes it a bigger or smaller move. I like the idea of it it just looks a little messy because of that. (IMO)

CheerForce Nfinity - International Open Coed 5

Serve, work, give me life... Whatever it is you kids say, that just happened. WHY ARE YOU NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS ROUTINE?!

First, it's not perfect but it's pretty freakin fabulous. This is the first routine this season that hasn't been "eh, ok, same old stuff" to me. Every part of it is fun and exciting and I'm in love.
Second, that dance-YES. Get it.

This routine speaks to me, I'm in loveeee. Someone get me a shirt, because I will rep this team forever and ever. :cloud9:

So is Whitney's standing pass illegal as well?
I dont know who whitney is but I'm assuming its the pass through the middle. if so, no it NOT illegal. the rules state:
  1. Skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 2 twisting rotations.
  2. Tumbling skills involving flipping and twisting immediately into a double twisting tumbling skill are not allowed.
  3. Twisting skills immediately out of a double twisting tumbling skill are not allowed.
  4. Skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring. (Jump skills are not considered tumbling skills. i.e. toe touch > back handspring > double full = illegal)
    Clarification: Handstands are not “backward traveling” tumbling skills. Therefore, back extension rolls do not count as the “backward traveling” tumbling skills required before a double full.
    Clarification: If an athlete is performing a second double full within one Standing Tumbling pass, then that athlete must follow Standing Tumbling rules A,B and C but not D.
    Example: standing back handspring>back handspring>double full>back handspring>double full=Legal
so in bold it says that if theres a second full the rule does not apply after that. so you could do hand hand dub whip whip whip whip double (if you can fit that on the mat ;) ). BUT if it isnt a double full that doesnt count. so hand hand full whip whip double is illegal because its the FIRST double in the sequence. hope i explained that okay!

ETA: i forgot they were level 6. but if there were level 5, these would be the rules, lol

Quick question because I believe this might be the first year this has to be seriously asked... How much do judges look at repeat tumbling? Both Generals and Lady Lightning could pass or have passed 100% running doubles total (in other words, more than 20 being thrown) if you combine the numbers of synch tumbling with those throwing individual passes. How does a judge work with that exactly?
My understanding is standing 75% needs to be thrown. Running 75& x2. So a team of 20 needs to throw 30 skills. Skills are to be counted throughout the routine so recycling is a necessity.

Back