All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

UA Prodigy GLCC Day 2

I love the routine itself, but this team is too heavily reliant on the boys to carry the tumbling score, and I absolutely hate when you see talented medium coed and small coed teams with 4-6 amazing tumbling passes while the girls do a roundoff (maybe bhs) full at the most. Idk just a pet peeve.

im a little bit confused about the final structure.. whether it's intentional or not it looks like the left middle flyer got confused and didn't hitch to the outside. and it almost looks like the left double base tried to reach for the foot but wasnt there so she hit a high v. just confused me a little!
lol i could see why you would say that. We changed the ending that morning to hit another structure to make 5 to give us another point for Jambrands scoresheet. The flyer second from left forgot to put her hand down to end left flyer. We were hitching all the same direction for paper doll effect. We were just glad they semi remembered to do even that. :)

I love the routine itself, but this team is too heavily reliant on the boys to carry the tumbling score, and I absolutely hate when you see talented medium coed and small coed teams with 4-6 amazing tumbling passes while the girls do a roundoff (maybe bhs) full at the most. Idk just a pet peeve.
I Agree, I Think all the Good female tumblers from that area are all at ICE.

I wouldn't say that, UA's jr 5 and small senior 5 team have some good female tumblers, I just think that in the small coed and medium coed divisions, teams think they can get away with relying almost solely on their males, but with the top teams (Spirit, GT, T&S, etc.,) having such good girls, they can't.

Although two things:
1) I don't think they hit that scale any shorter than most teams hit their heel stretch before going to another skill. Until there's an official ruling where you have to hit it for more than 1 count, take advantage of counts and cramming in as much in your stunt sequence as you can. Why waste time hanging around to please people when it does nothing for your score sheet?
2) The helicopters are still there. Which means either A) They're illegal and they're doing it anyway (doubtful) or B) They got clarification- Which sucks if it's B), because it does NOTHING for their Majors score.

In comparing the 2 videos, and getting a look at a better quality Major's video...I speculate that the legality fell within the center helicopter only, but was not the center helicopter that was illegal. The center helicopter group had catchers that were also catchers of the braced flip. The catchers of the braced flip were 'involved in other choreography when the dip for the braced flip was initiated.' This is only a guess based on what I saw as someone familiar with safety as well as by comparing the 2 videos...in the 2nd video, the center helicopter was removed to allow those catchers to be free of choreo.

Just my 2 cents. And sorry if someone else already clarified what was/wasn't illegal in their Major's routine.

There are many strong girl tumblers at ICE! There is one girl with a double full on Legacy that is from ICE.

I would also like to point out that there are NO double teamers in our level 5 teams, (except the 1 that filled in for the boy on Dynasty that broke his foot the last practice before GLCC). So, it may seem like we don't have many good female tumblers, but they are just spread throughout 4 teams rather than stacking them all on 1 team. Aces don't have many because that is a first year team that I think they are trying to build up. Many programs like to doubleteam their better tumblers to help "strengthen" the other teams' tumbling, but then once they get to worlds those tumblers are gone. What we have at the start, and throughout the season is always the same as what we have at worlds.

Back