All-Star 2012 Butbt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always wonder if competitions are reluctant to give both paid bid's to the same program. Especially when only 2 are paid. Any coaches/owner's want to give some insight?? (After the weekend will be fine. I know y'all are busy)

Somewhat related to this: at the major bid competition in Ontario (I'd say largest bid competition in Canada?) there are 5 partial paid bids and the judges are not allowed to award more than one paid to each gym, regardless of scores. I think I agree with the way it's done, though I haven't been in a position where someone less deserving of a paid gets it and I don't simply because another team from my gym did, so I can't say I've experienced all sides of it.

I am not a coach/owner Lol. Just commenting on when we attended this comp in 2009- ASC gave out the 2 paid bids I believe to Top gun and GA. -both coed teams. Cea was the only large all girl SR team so they put them against the small SR teams - but they did not award a paid bid to any of the all girl teams even though cea did well and won. So that could happen again. Not the same gym, but 2 coed teams. A repeat of that year for GA and Top Gun. I don't think realistically they would give 2 paid bids to the same gym at a comp such as this where there is other teams to choose from. This is just my opinion. Logically, I think the bid choices will come down to GA/Top Gun and then Orange/Peach. I do hope an all girl team gets one -as right now the coed teams seem to be getting them so far lol.

Sorry -the year was 2010 not 2009! I guess I am getting old lol

I am not a coach/owner Lol. Just commenting on when we attended this comp in 2009- ASC gave out the 2 paid bids I believe to Top gun and GA. -both coed teams. Cea was the only large all girl SR team so they put them against the small SR teams - but they did not award a paid bid to any of the all girl teams even though cea did well and won. So that could happen again. Not the same gym, but 2 coed teams. A repeat of that year for GA and Top Gun. I don't think realistically they would give 2 paid bids to the same gym at a comp such as this where there is other teams to choose from. This is just my opinion. Logically, I think the bid choices will come down to GA/Top Gun and then Orange/Peach. I do hope an all girl team gets one -as right now the coed teams seem to be getting them so far lol.

Yes I was there the year TG and GA got the bids.

The 2 bids to the same program is always something I wondered about and just never asked. Thanks for your insight!

Not a fan of TG's dance either it just doesn't say "TG" to me - but maybe they want to change their style .... but I LOVE their pyramid! It has tons of creative ideas in it and I might even love it more than Senior Elite's pyramid.
It makes me wonder if they are really changing it up, Greg does our choreo and our routine is soooo much different than what Apex Athlwticsroutines normally are... We even have pyramid at the end...

The only thing making me dislike Top Gun's dance is how insanely different it is from the pyramid. The pyramid music and pyramid itself are SO powerful and dynamic, and the dance is just so sassy. I think if the song choice had been different for the pyramid it could have made a huge difference, but I would hate to see that pyramid music go.

2 bids within a program most likely wouldn't happen either, when the bid was back in Baltimore the two highest scores of the competition were our large and small coed and small received an at large.

Georgia Allstars Sr Medium Coed 5 (Day 1)

I just don't know how I feel about half my routine being about somebody else. 'Price tag?' 'We don't pay 'em, we make 'em from the ground up?' 'It's not right, but it's ok?' 'Survivor?' I know some of these were in here BEFORE the whole thing blew up, but really? The gym isn't even AT this competition, you're talking to nobody..I dunno, I'd just want my mix to be about ME and MY team, not somebody else. But I'm selfish like that..

Back