All-Star 2012 Videos - V4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If we make it so that its just scores. Then basically no one would show up from other countries why would you spend all that money to travel and compete one time. Therefore no international division. Then we wouldn't have to even have this discussion! So then there would be no division for you to compete in right kickdblcj?

If you don't think they get special treatment then you should read around about some of the stuff the USASF has said. They are "forgiving" to International teams that break the age guidelines (yes this was said in an e-mail) and their age grid is offically different for worlds the the US Teams (14 for I5 divisions while 15 for the US and a December 2013 cutout for I6 while the US is August 2012). When you are looking from then US and reading/hearing some of the things said it comes off that they get special treatment. I don't blame the teams at all though, they just want to compete. The USASF does give special treatment though, they pretty much admitted to it.
I am not talking about rules or anything outside of worlds as I don't agree with the new USASF age grid rules what so ever (especially as it counts out all but 2 IOC6 UK teams for their chances to compete at worlds as they are changing it for us too). I was simply referring to the concept of having 3 teams from each country qualify.

you work just as hard? fair enough. but you have the facilities in front of you.. you have an easy cheering life. my team doesn't have a sprung floor. and a gym coach we see once a week.. not even on a full sprung floor. a tumble track and old gym floor.

This is why the international score sheet is the way it is, and the division is the way it is. Think how hard we have to work to try keep up to your standards in the US.. I can assure you that 9/10 teams in the states see an international team name on the scoresheet from say Europe and not quiver one bit. How do you think we feel when it's the other way around, seeing ourselves against GT, CA, etc? It is a somewhat daunting experience stepping out on the mat against such high-profile gyms.

Gaining skills having persevered for so long without the correct (or the same) facilities as the teams we will be against.. and then making it to worlds and placing top 10 (in some cases top 5).. shows that all that hard work and pushing past all the obstacles pays off. I'm not talking about my team, but all international teams. scores are scores. they differ from panel to panel (as we seen in sml snr day 1 where the judging panel were more harsh than in other divisions). if you go out, hit that routine to the best of your ability and score a decent enough score compared to the other teams in your division, then trust me when I say it all pays off. my team could place out the top 10 at worlds and walk away happy if we knew we'd gone out there and hit and performed that routine to the best of our ability. rest assured we don't care who thinks what about our score - cause it is OUR score that WE have gained, and ours and ours alone to analyse and work on. we set our targets - and if we reach them, we are delighted, and set our sights higher from then on - and if we don't reach our targets we take the experience home with us and work on it to improve

Im sorry but I dont feel sorry for you. It is what it is, tumbling isnt even worth that much in the international division. Stunting is worth something around 65% i believe, and you dont need a sprung floor to do that. I can easily sit here and say that as a 5'8 135 pound guy it is not fair that the score sheets reward partner stunting so much but I didnt. I hit the gym and worked out and worked on my technique. Like I said, it is what it is, stop making excuses.

If we make it so that its just scores. Then basically no one would show up from other countries why would you spend all that money to travel and compete one time. Therefore no international division. Then we wouldn't have to even have this discussion! So then there would be no division for you to compete in right kickdblcj?

No its still unfair that they are guaranteed to make it into finals. No team should be guaranteed to make it into finals. Finals is kind of a joke, some of the "top 10" teams in the world were out scored by teams that didnt even make it back to day 2. It boggles my mind how people think that thats ok.

I understand that people from the outside have a different point of view, but coming from an athlete that competed in this division its unfair. Thats how I feel, it is what it is.

Im sorry but I dont feel sorry for you. It is what it is, tumbling isnt even worth that much in the international division. Stunting is worth something around 65% i believe, and you dont need a sprung floor to do that. I can easily sit here and say that as a 5'8 135 pound guy it is not fair that the score sheets reward partner stunting so much but I didnt. I hit the gym and worked out and worked on my technique. Like I said, it is what it is, stop making excuses.

No its still unfair that they are guaranteed to make it into finals. No team should be guaranteed to make it into finals. Finals is kind of a joke, some of the "top 10" teams in the world were out scored by teams that didnt even make it back to day 2. It boggles my mind how people think that thats ok.

I understand that people from the outside have a different point of view, but coming from an athlete that competed in this division its unfair. Thats how I feel, it is what it is.

I never asked you to feel sorry. learning to stunt.. you can do that any where. Just saying. I can understand what you are saying but you're not even considering our side of it. It's all about how you are at harm

I'm siding with kickdblcj. It's ridiculous that a team that barely gets 100 is allowed to make finals over a team that scores 200+. It's a waste of everyone's time. I think it would be better if they set a floor of like "must be over 150" to make semis/finals and then had all remaining teams, regardless of country of origin, compete in a "challenge cup" of sorts and take the top three from that for the semis/finals

I'm siding with kickdblcj. It's ridiculous that a team that barely gets 100 is allowed to make finals over a team that scores 200+. It's a waste of everyone's time. I think it would be better if they set a floor of like "must be over 150" to make semis/finals and then had all remaining teams, regardless of country of origin, compete in a "challenge cup" of sorts and take the top three from that for the semis/finals

Not really what I said lol. But whateverrrr

I never asked you to feel sorry. learning to stunt.. you can do that any where. Just saying. I can understand what you are saying but you're not even considering our side of it. It's all about how you are at harm
No understand where youre coming from, and it sucks. If it was up to me everyone would have access to all of the same facilities and coaches. But thats besides the point, I just cant stand that teams are automatically passed onto finals. EVERYONE should have to compete and prelims and fight their way to the top. We all known that winning worlds isnt just about who's the best, but about who hits when it counts. So whats to say that a team from another country will hit flawlessly and beat out a big name gym who falls apart. It can happen, the USASF is basically babying the other teams.

Not really what I said lol. But whateverrrr
Im pretty sure she wasnt specifically talking to you so yeeaahhh

Don't hate the players, hate the game. The top 3 rules for making it through to international finals don't change mid-season, probably aren't going to change any time soon. Everyone knows that top 3 make it through, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. If the US teams are that upset with the situation (and I can understand why you are), then band together and make NCA or Cheersport or some other huge nationals the main event for i5. A competition only has legitimacy because you confer it upon them. If US i5 teams decided to place their focus and esteem upon another competition and make that the industry standard, then the bitterness and heartache over worlds would be somewhat alleviated. You're not entirely powerless in this situation. Worlds is just a name, after all.

I agree, maybe if the 4o+ teams didnt go to worlds they would miss the u.s.

p.s. no one is hating the player, they're hating the game

Here's the way I look at it. The international side of the Worlds competitition is maintaining what most other sports do for World championships; the best of the best from each country. If you're not among the 3 best in your country, you don't get into finals. America is not the only country that sends more than 3 teams into those divisions. America is not the only country that has teams that look back on not making finals and say "well I scored higher than team A from such and such country", so stop acting like you are. I understand that very few teams from other countries enter the senior divisions, so there's no changing the fact that the club division of Worlds is a national championship, not a World championship, but I like it A LOT that the international side is largely country verses country, the way a world championships should be.

I feel thats what ICU is for. Maybe they should allow the top 3 frm each country.

If they called that div something else other than Int, but the same age group, the U.S. teams would jump ship and go that div. its not about the competing with the other countries for our Int kids.

I actually changed my mind about this after Worlds. Before I agreed that it was fair with top 3 going in to finals, but now I think it should be top 10 - even if it's only US teams (but I think IOC5 is the only US dominated division).

Viqueens Spirit have gotten 2nd two years in a row now in IOAG6. I'm sure they would place top 5 in IOAG5 on prelims too. They only practice on a dead comp floor, nothing more. Do a nice gym help? Yes. But good coaches is the KEY! It will take you much farther than anything else.

Back