All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm actually one of two designers behind the new Double Down Invincible and Top Gun Program uniforms. Thank you for the feedback...positive, constructive and other, lol. The Double Down uni was a play on two of the coaches favorite uniforms throughout his years of cheerleading...Legend Lady Jags "Bumble Bee" and Top Gun Lady Jags.

Did the Legend Lady Jags "bumble bee" uniform have stripes on the arms? I remember seeing it (I think) in American Cheerleader years and years and years ago and absolutely loving it, but not having any idea who the gym was (I think the only "big gyms" I really knew of at the time were TG and Ace). When I saw the stripes on the back of the Invincible uniform, that was exactly what I was reminded of. It's different but in a great way.

I
Cheer Intensity All-Stars Junior teams new unis
2i9kav.jpg
I like the direction this uniform is going in. I think it's a good mix of bling and athleticism. It's also a refreshing change from the skimping down trend. It has a "we are athletes and not sex symbols" look. There's something about the right side of the drop belt in the design I don't like, but this is a uniform if be happy to see my 11 year old senior restricted 5 daughter in.

When my gym ordered shorts for all our teams we asked for longer shorts than they usually offer. Apparently no team had EVER asked for that before lol.

We were told by a LARGE uniform company that the inseam in the shorts we chose (and I believe it was all shorts) were stock and could not have length added. So for girls to get longer inseams, they had to potentially order a size up... We have black spandex Infinity shorts that we require them to wear undernearth as part of their uniform. It might look funny up close to see a second pair of shorts sticking out the bottom of the uni shorts but from far away you can't tell at all. And it's much better looking than wearing glorified briefs.

We were told by a LARGE uniform company that the inseam in the shorts we chose (and I believe it was all shorts) were stock and could not have length added. So for girls to get longer inseams, they had to potentially order a size up... We have black spandex Infinity shorts that we require them to wear undernearth as part of their uniform. It might look funny up close to see a second pair of shorts sticking out the bottom of the uni shorts but from far away you can't tell at all. And it's much better looking than wearing glorified briefs.

Huh, interesting. Only because my cp's uniform shorts were ordered with half inch extra length to compensate for her mom's butt that she got. Why would a uniform company not help you out and add length or certain pieces for certain athletes?

What I don't understand is the need to feel almost "sexy" in a cheerleading uniform? Because I know there is really no need for your chest to be exposed and to show off cleavage to execute a routine any better than if you were wearing shorts and a t shirt. Do some of these girls forget who is watching them at competitions? It's not the boys from their high school that they're trying to impress and show sex appeal to... it's tiny - junior aged athletes LOOKING UP AT THEM and WANTING TO BE THEM. And let alone the majority of the audience at a cheerleading competition is PARENTS. What makes a kid think that someone else's parents want to see their cheeks?
I don't even know if any of that made sense to anyone but me...

Huh, interesting. Only because my cp's uniform shorts were ordered with half inch extra length to compensate for her mom's butt that she got. Why would a uniform company not help you out and add length or certain pieces for certain athletes?

Maybe it's because we got stock shorts? Or maybe our rep was incorrect

@krystynakrez AMEN. Pretty is one thing...the cleavage and butt cheeks take it too far. It's a typical high school girl mentality, but gym owners are feeding into it for some reason. Last time I checked, the team members didn't design their uniform. Adults still need to consider what is appropriate on ALL body types and design accordingly. I find that so many of them aren't, which is why we get cleavage and butt cheeks. Rule of thumb: pick the biggest girl on your team and design a uniform that will look flattering on her and make her feel comfortable. I believe in conservative uniforms that foster self-confidence. I loved my college uni (see left) and wish that more all star teams would swing in that direction. Doesn't mean you can't bling the bajesus out of it.

It's probably because they were in-stock! But I don't get why uniform companies only offer teeny tiny shorts. We also wear extra shorts under the uniform (we have built in spandex but they're small, like no inseam what so ever).

Is your uni sublimated? For some reason, I think I was told they can't take off or add length to sublimated stuff.

Is your uni sublimated? For some reason, I think I was told they can't take off or add length to sublimated stuff.

Nope, it's the black shorts with the colored "V" in the front that are pretty popular. We got to chose the color for the "V" and decided to add rhinestones to the shorts. So they weren't already in stock waiting for us... maybe they aren't technically stock shorts then? They aren't anything fancy though

Nope, it's the black shorts with the colored "V" in the front that are pretty popular. We got to chose the color for the "V" and decided to add rhinestones to the shorts. So they weren't already in stock waiting for us... maybe they aren't technically stock shorts then? They aren't anything fancy though

I'm thankful that when we ordered new uniforms for the juniors I used to coach in Germany, that they made the briefs in house.... the sample ones we got were so tiny that they didn't even fit our 10 yo at the time who was as big as a 7yo :D We had to order adult sizes and add length to them to fit those tiny girls who normally would wear a YXS

When my gym ordered shorts for all our teams we asked for longer shorts than they usually offer. Apparently no team had EVER asked for that before lol.

Our shorts are longer and we got them from a LARGE company. I believe the shorts are collegiate length. Our uniforms are beautiful can't wait until we get the go ahead to post pictures

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back