All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a (former) backspot I would hate for my flyer to be wearing high socks.

I actually have a better grip on my flyer with the socks on. When we stunt without the socks we always get sweaty and I can't grip her ankle as tight because I'm slipping everywhere. My flyer feels safer with them.

Last edited:
I actually have a better grip on my flyer with the socks on. When we stunt without the socks we always get sweaty and I can't grip her ankle as tight because I'm slipping everywhere. My flyer feels safer with them.
I think it depends on the fabric of the sock. I had a flyer who would always wear different socks, and some were rougher, easier to grip, and helped with sweaty hands, and others were really soft or smooth and it would be so hard to get a grip she would have to take them off.

I think it depends on the fabric of the sock. I had a flyer who would always wear different socks, and some were rougher, easier to grip, and helped with sweaty hands, and others were really soft or smooth and it would be so hard to get a grip she would have to take them off.

She always wears Nike dry-fit socks, and we wear the white dry-fit ones to compete. So it's always the same material.. I've never tried on any other brand of socks. She did wear VS leggings to a practice, and that was awful. But Nike dri-fit always works for us. :)

As a (former) backspot I would hate for my flyer to be wearing high socks.
This. We wore high socks one year for competition and omg it's horrible. I would have to tape my hands, hairspray them and everything just to keep grip on my flyers ankle. It was very frustrating.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My flyer wears the dry fit socks to practice a lot, because she wears them under her ankle brace so most of the time she just wears them on both feet. I don't like then because they slide up and down and I feel like I don't have control. Luckily her brace is on her right foot so that's what I'm holding most of the time, but when we have 2 leg stunts it's rather annoying. Especially our pyramid that we're the middle for and go up and down a lot

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

maybe we should change the title of this thread into "bad choices coaches/gymowners made"
seriously with all those socks, headbands, mesh, weird cutout it seems like that would be more appropriate. otherwise we might risk people coming here to get inspiration for their new uniforms:s

Back