All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Better but then you still have those side panels :/ I wish the print was similar to the cheetah print on Shooting Stars 2012(?) World uniforms, the ones before the current ones.

I also don't get why OO5 got new uniforms considering the old ones were only a year old.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My best guess would be that, although still obviously relevant to the team and the gym, Omar's death is no longer the driving force behind the routine, the season, etc., and therefore they got rid of the uniforms that were essentially in tribute to Omar.

My best guess would be that, although still obviously relevant to the team and the gym, Omar's death is no longer the driving force behind the routine, the season, etc., and therefore they got rid of the uniforms that were essentially in tribute to Omar.
That was my thought too. They were just so beautiful I hoped they would still keep them around for awhile.

I'm not part of Top Gun, never knew Omar, but it just feels as though the tribute was thrown to the wayside by getting rid of the Angel uniforms, and then stepped on with the new costume.

Tell me I'm right, tell me I'm wrong, I don't care. My heart breaks every time I see the new uniforms.
I feel like it would have been just fine to keep the gorgeous Angel uniforms even though this season isn't dedicated to Omar like last years. Then in a way they would still have a little piece of Omar out on the floor with them even though he wasn't the theme of this years season.

I'm not part of Top Gun, never knew Omar, but it just feels as though the tribute was thrown to the wayside by getting rid of the Angel uniforms, and then stepped on with the new costume.

Tell me I'm right, tell me I'm wrong, I don't care. My heart breaks every time I see the new uniforms.

I agree but I don't. And don't take this the wrong way, but personally I feel if they had kept that theme running through this season, it would seem a bit... Attention hungry. I'm all for these tributes that people do in their routines and in their music, but to continue doing it season after season seems like a bit much. At some point, re-living the experience over and over and over gets a bit tiresome and makes it next to impossible to grieve. It was a great tribute last season, but I think maybe the decision to not include that aspect in this season was a good one.
However I probably would not have kept the name OO5 if they're going to go completely without tribute to Omar.

tumblr_n13vmiuvAW1rnwku1o1_500.jpg

(sorry if the photo is huge)

So the stomach straps are for sure removable.. definitely not as bad without them on
Can we talk about the mesh over the middle finger part.. That's ripped mesh waiting to happen.

I feel like it would have been just fine to keep the gorgeous Angel uniforms even though this season isn't dedicated to Omar like last years. Then in a way they would still have a little piece of Omar out on the floor with them even though he wasn't the theme of this years season.
Wait, how is this post" bullying" ? I don't consider any of this to be mean...? :( @NowImFamous

Are you saying they were walking around the event in the uniform, no warmups over them? Or did you see them perform?
Yes, walking around the event. My first glance of them was riding behind a couple team members up an escalator out of an exhibit hall.

Especially if they're still calling themselves OO5. Like they didn't even get those at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season, so they weren't even used for a year. You don't have to make him the driving force but would it be so terrible to keep the uniforms? They were gorgeous and covered everything.
Top gun was on a roll with uniforms last year - everything was pretty much covered and they were pretty (minus the socks on LC but they weren't horrid). And now it's like, things were going SO WELL why'd you have to ruin it!

Especially if they're still calling themselves OO5. Like they didn't even get those at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season, so they weren't even used for a year. You don't have to make him the driving force but would it be so terrible to keep the uniforms? They were gorgeous and covered everything.
Top gun was on a roll with uniforms last year - everything was pretty much covered and they were pretty (minus the socks on LC but they weren't horrid). And now it's like, things were going SO WELL why'd you have to ruin it!

I agree with everything except those weird sock things on TGLC, I'm still not a fan haha. Plus OO5 is an international team so it's safe to assume that there are a lot of college aged kids (Yeah I know, you have to be 14+ or whatever for IOC) on that team and as a college kid I would not want or have the money to spend $400 on a new uniform every year.

Someone said that the white uniforms were a gift to the members of the team last year as a remembrance of the season. I know they could use them again and just order more, but I feel like it may have slightly lost it's meaning and those were just special for last season. I feel like they could have altered that design a little though because it was beautiful.

Back