All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Huge companies are always on the lookout. They have to be! They do sweeps on Etsy, Ebay, etc. all the time. Show me one IP lawyer who would sign off on using that logo on a cheer uniform. Not gonna happen. Putting that on any garment is asking for trouble.
If I'm not mistaken, someone asked about the Chanel like logo before and someone from that team said they asked Chanel before using it and it was fine with the company.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If I'm not mistaken, someone asked about the Chanel like logo before and someone from that team said they asked Chanel before using it and it was fine with the company.

If that is true, more power to them.

As far as trademark law, though:
If someone threatens you with a lawsuit or sues you for trademark dilution, then a lack of consumer confusion will not help you. Here, one obvious line of defense is to argue that there is no likelihood of dilution. Federal and state dilution law protects a trademark owner against the whittling away of the distinctiveness of its famous trademark by association with other goods or services

I don't see anything wrong with that TG uniform. It's an open team and it's a crop and shorts (basically) so I'm feeling like it's a lot of "hate" by people that 1) cannot wear it (physically) or 2) cannot afford it......
It has nothing to do with not being able "physically" to wear it! My 16 yo old daughter who could "physically" wear it Would NOT! It is impractical when these girls r being caught and lefties and grabbed. What is a finger gets caught and injured or the girl gets injured from that! They wore it knowing it would get attention. How could it not.

Wellll I just caught up on this lovely thread and my exact opinion has definitely already been expressed very well by many of you. So to *most* of you.......
CDmNX8a.gif

Oh and, yeah I live in the brutal heat that is Arizona I competed in a full top for 4 years. I'm alive!!!! ;)

I think no matter what is your stance on the TG uniform, it is agreeable that the straps are a safety issue. Just think of how easily your finger could slip under on after being caught from a stunt and get stuck...
No no no apparently it is designed to serve practical purposes and unless you personally have worn it you can't make assumptions like that :cool:

I don't see anything wrong with that TG uniform. It's an open team and it's a crop and shorts (basically) so I'm feeling like it's a lot of "hate" by people that 1) cannot wear it (physically) or 2) cannot afford it......
If these are the criteria to be able to hate, then I guess I'm allowed to chime in. ;)

I am FAR from conservative. I do fitness competitions/modeling and have myself worn far less clothing than these Top Gun uniforms, including one outfit recently that could probably be described using a lot of the analogies in this thread. Heck, half my photo shoot outfits come from the stripper store. Those that are my friend on Facebook know that I can wear these outfits, and I work hard for it! As far as affording it, @Just-a-Mom said it best in her post.

That being said, I in no way think that these outfits are appropriate in the context of allstar cheer. As a mom, it didn't bother me that my daughter saw them. She looked at the photo and in her 9-year-old way rolled her eyes and said, "those are dumb." However, allstar cheer is a sport. It's athletic and should appear that way first and foremost. Right or wrong, these uniforms do not "say" athleticism to the vast majority of people, in the world of allstar cheer or not, not just to a few select "haters". That athleticism, in my opinion, is what should be highlighted, along with a little bit of flash and sparkle that make this sport unique.

So, if the intent was to draw attention by shock tactics, mission accomplished. But if the intent was to highlight the athletic abilities of what is one of the best teams in this sport, then it's time to go back to the drawing board.

The most impressive thing is the level of athletic skills TG can show while wearing that unique uniform, and the more people talk the more famous they are.

The most impressive thing is the level of athletic skills TG can show while wearing that unique uniform, and the more people talk the more famous they are.
I guess it depends on the sort of "famous" you are seeking... Is it the type of fame the male formerly known by the name of a fruit seeks? Or is it the fame of being that athlete on the gold medal podium?

So how can people not feel that lace is like what you see in the window at Victoria's Secret? Haters. Top Gun= World Champions.
Lol.. Actually 005 aren't world champs not that that has anything to do it. Victoria's Secret is an underwear based company. Unless TG has changed to one in the last few hours I can't see how we are comparing the two!

Back