All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there no one with any backbone on that team to just say no? This isn't a moral issue or a creative issue. It's just not an appropriate uniform for the sport/venue.

I've said before that @drkillusions is so creative. And Victor is amazing.

But I've also earned my right to speak out and this is just so far beyond appropriate.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

We saw them perform Saturday-my 11YO CP was quite taken aback and then thought she saw a wardrobe malfunction in the routine... I was just speechless... couldn't even tell you if they hit or not...

We saw them perform Saturday-my 11YO CP was quite taken aback and then thought she saw a wardrobe malfunction in the routine... I was just speechless... couldn't even tell you if they hit or not...
Since there was a wardrobe malfunction on day 1, your daughter might have actually seen it.
And then there were several girls who kept adjusting the uniform top throughout the routine...

This thread really concerns me, because to my knowledge the majority of people here are adults and parents, and while yes, I understand your problems with the OO5 uniform, I don't understand why you refuse to accept anyone else's opinion. I am not a big fan of the uniform, but to those who are, that's cool too! I have enough respect for a program and a group of young athletes to not completely bash them, their coaches, their gym and their designers on a public forum. Not cool. This behavior is borderline bullying, and I don't know why you all think it's okay. If you don't respect Top Gun, fine but have enough respect for yourself to know when to withhold certain comments. I would be absolutely mortified if I knew my mother treated people the way certain members are treated around here.

This thread really concerns me, because to my knowledge the majority of people here are adults and parents, and while yes, I understand your problems with the OO5 uniform, I don't understand why you refuse to accept anyone else's opinion. I am not a big fan of the uniform, but to those who are, that's cool too! I have enough respect for a program and a group of young athletes to not completely bash them, their coaches, their gym and their designers on a public forum. Not cool. This behavior is borderline bullying, and I don't know why you all think it's okay. If you don't respect Top Gun, fine but have enough respect for yourself to know when to withhold certain comments. I would be absolutely mortified if I knew my mother treated people the way certain members are treated around here.

I want to personally thank you for this posting. Thank you for standing up to the bullying.

I just saw the video from day 2 and it is not only the front; but, also the back of the 005 uniform which is different. Was this mentioned? The straps look a lot more secure than the Instagram shots of the looser flash dance straps from the day before. Dare I say that it appears more athletic (minus the issue of not being easily bra friendly) and looks safer than the first day version of the uniform. Aesthetically, it is more pleasing to me too, than the first version. Day one was very severe, but day 2 looked more superhero than street.

I would agree with you except:

a) this was the intention. Top gun thrives on this - trust me, their feelings aren't hurt in the least. They put uniforms out like this every year, and every year they push the envelope further. I'd say attention (including negative) is the goal.

b) they give as good as they get. Saying we can't wear it, afford it, or that we're obviously boring nobodies who no one will ever even remember is no better. I'm having a hard time casting top gun in the "poor, downtrodden, bullied gym" role.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't truly understand the uproar this late in the season. I mean there's only lik 2-3 months left. Plus how many more comps is oo5 even attending after this... Other then worlds.

I just saw the video from day 2 and it is not only the front; but, also the back of the 005 uniform which is different. Was this mentioned? The straps look a lot more secure than the Instagram shots of the looser flash dance straps from the day before. Dare I say that it appears more athletic (minus the issue of not being easily bra friendly) and looks safer than the first day version of the uniform. Aesthetically, it is more pleasing to me too, than the first version. Day one was very severe, but day 2 looked more superhero than street.
The back looks completely different in the day 2 video, almost like they put the straps from the front on to the back! Still wayyy too much skin for me.
@UCFKnights07 what makes you so sure they'll get new ones next year? Lady Jags are still wearing theirs that they got at about the same point last season. Why would they invest in them to only wear them for 2 comps?

The back looks completely different in the day 2 video, almost like they put the straps from the front on to the back! Still wayyy too much skin for me.
@UCFKnights07 what makes you so sure they'll get new ones next year? Lady Jags are still wearing theirs that they got at about the same point last season. Why would they invest in them to only wear them for 2 comps?

Ha, because that's what top gun does....

I would agree with you except:

a) this was the intention. Top gun thrives on this - trust me, their feelings aren't hurt in the least. They put uniforms out like this every year, and every year they push the envelope further. I'd say attention (including negative) is the goal.

b) they give as good as they get. Saying we can't wear it, afford it, or that we're obviously boring nobodies who no one will ever even remember is no better. I'm having a hard time casting top gun in the "poor, downtrodden, bullied gym" role.

But does that make it right?

But does that make it right?

Not necessarily right, but I don't know that I'd say it's wrong. I don't consider it bullying though. I see a lot on here that I would consider bullying, but this doesn't really qualify to me (it's fine that it does to you, we'll just have to agree to disagree). I consider implying I'm too old, fat, and poor for a uniform more bullying than saying the uniform itself is ugly (or trashy or whatever). Attacking a uniform is not bullying. Attacking a person is.

Back