All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You know that comment just crystallized in my mind why this thread has been so frustrating for me. There has been so much talk about whether the uniform is "appropriate" or not, and I can't even get that far, because I just think the uniform is ugly. And, although intellectually I understand that people have different opinions than me, lol, I'm having trouble understanding how anyone can think it isn't ugly.

(EDITED: I took out the paragraph where I described in detail all the ways I find the uniform unflattering. Suffice it to say, I don't think it looks good on the athletes, thru no fault of their own.)

If I could understand how anyone could find the uniform attractive, then I could better understand why they would bother arguing about its appropriateness.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I admit my last point was vague. The male version looks great on the floor. And when I look at the female one certain elements I find are really cool. I like the IDEA of the back, although NOT practical, I'd be terrified that the straps would malfunction. The side pieces are pretty cool, and I like the animal print as well. The sleeves are nice, but would be reeeeaally nice if they were attached. Last but not least, the top would be so much better if it didn't have that cut to it. So maybe it's not so much a beautiful design, but each element when looked at separately is beautifully designed. This is the type of uniform I'd like to have, but not perform in because although I think it looks nice it's is certainly not practical for allstar cheerleading. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will help you get my pov.

I admit my last point was vague. The male version looks great on the floor. And when I look at the female one certain elements I find are really cool. I like the IDEA of the back, although NOT practical, I'd be terrified that the straps would malfunction. The side pieces are pretty cool, and I like the animal print as well. The sleeves are nice, but would be reeeeaally nice if they were attached. Last but not least, the top would be so much better if it didn't have that cut to it. So maybe it's not so much a beautiful design, but each element when looked at separately is beautifully designed. This is the type of uniform I'd like to have, but not perform in because although I think it looks nice it's is certainly not practical for allstar cheerleading. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will help you get my pov.

I understand, and my post wasn't really directed at you... It was just a jumping off point. Sorry if it seemed like I was frustrated with you or your post!

I understand, and my post wasn't really directed at you... It was just a jumping off point. Sorry if it seemed like I was frustrated with you or your post!

It didn't seem frustrated to me, I was explaining it more for my own sake! I completely understand why some people don't like it whatsoever, I could just imagine my grandmother coming to one of my competitions and seeing a uniform like this.

It didn't seem frustrated to me, I was explaining it more for my own sake! I completely understand why some people don't like it whatsoever, I could just imagine my grandmother coming to one of my competitions and seeing a uniform like this.

ETA: that kind of sounds like I'm comparing some of you to my grandmother. I just mean that when she sees me in some of my outfits that cover a lot more, she asks if I'm really going out in public.

I saw the now infamous OO5 unis this weekend at Cheersport. The entire team was going downstairs on the escalator while I was going up.(none of them had warmups on and they were not going to perform at that point) the shock value is sky high. My preteen daughter didn't say anything or even notice ... But my husband gave me a two thumbs up sign

ice-dancing_612x381.jpg

Acceptable for Olympic sport and worldwide broadcast?

Sochi-olympics-2014-ice-dancing-figure-skating-costumes16.jpg

Girls everywhere are aspiring to be an Olympian right now....a sport with real class....and "appropriate" costumes...oh....wait....

Ugly bodysuit with random painting and fake leaves? At least it's not rated NC-17.

And nobody has to worry about their bits and pieces falling out cause guess what? THERES NUDE MESH THAT COVERS THEIR BODIES. If a string snaps we will see nothing but a body suit.

Sochi-olympics-2014-ice-dancing-figure-skating-costumes16.jpg

Girls everywhere are aspiring to be an Olympian right now....a sport with real class....and "appropriate" costumes...oh....wait....

Ugh. You're reaching and being petty. If I wanted to be equally petty I could go find some pictures of transitions in cheer that look equally questionable.

I can't wait til CEA debuts their new uniforms at NCA so that we can move on to that

Why can
Ugh. You're reaching and being petty. If I wanted to be equally petty I could go find some pictures of transitions in cheer that look equally questionable.

I can't wait til CEA debuts their new uniforms at NCA so that we can move on to that

the point is that people are entitled to their own personal taste. End of story. I'm "sure" CEA will do something cutting edge and the board will be blowing up. Counting down the days.

nope. proving the point that cheerleaders and those in the industry are their own worst enemies. Live and let live.

Back